5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Some party sheet group rolls not rolling hidden when Show/Hide button = Hide

Initially reported in the FG Discord support channel by Balkoth - the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset doesn't roll party saves in secret - even if the roll is set to "Hide roll results".

On further testing, this is the same for the 3.5E/PFRPG "Party Attack" rolls too - only the "Ability" check appears to use hide setting of the show/hide button correctly.

In a quick test in 5E, this also happens for 5E attack rolls from the party sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just tested in my PFRPG campaign. From my testing, the rolls are correctly set to hidden, but the "roll results" display follows the campaign option, not the initial roll. If I set the "Chat: Show results to client" option to "Off", then the results are hidden as well.

The real question is which should take precedence, and whether the party sheet should have separate visibility than the campaign roll/result visibility options.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just tested in my PFRPG campaign. From my testing, the rolls are correctly set to hidden, but the "roll results" display follows the campaign option, not the initial roll. If I set the "Chat: Show results to client" option to "Off", then the results are hidden as well.
    OK, so this works differently from the Ability check - which doesn't show any result at all with these settings. So the overall experience for Ability, Save and Party Attack is not the same. Which might be causing confusion here also.

The tooltip on the eye icon says "Hide Roll Results" or "Show Roll Results" - so the expectation, from this, is that the final results will be hidden - which will also require the roll to be hidden.

The real question is which should take precedence, and whether the party sheet should have separate visibility than the campaign roll/result visibility options.
    I think this is a case of granularity - if you have a button that overrides the campaign settings, then it should override the campaign settings. This is a really nice feature - set the low level campaign settings, but allow them to be overridden under certain circumstances by the press of a button.

The Show/Hide roll results button in the chat window is only visible if "Chat: Show GM rolls" is set to On - so, from my point of view, it is overriding the show results to client option - which is suggested by the tooltip too.

I hope I've explained that well?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, it's more wrapping my mind around what it should be. The party sheet hidden rolls, the dice tower and the options were all written at different times.

My current thinking is to change the party sheet hidden rolls to use the dice tower, and upgrade the dice tower to hide results as well as rolls (which it should also probably do anyways, in the same vein as the original discussion).

Regards,
    JPG

My current thinking is to change the party sheet hidden rolls to use the dice tower, and upgrade the dice tower to hide results as well as rolls (which it should also probably do anyways, in the same vein as the original discussion).
    That could work.

You mean drag/drop from the party sheet to the dice tower? So, as part of this, party sheet rolls could also be dragged to the hotkey slots? That would be cool!

I don't know if the drag and drop could be implemented with the current implementation without a much bigger rewrite. I was thinking of just linking the hidden party rolls straight to the tower.

JPG

I don't know if the drag and drop could be implemented with the current implementation without a much bigger rewrite. I was thinking of just linking the hidden party rolls straight to the tower.
    Fair enough. A direct link will work!

Just pushed rewrite of the various party sheets that I manage to v3.3.5 beta. Please test out and see if they work as expected.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post383885

It ended up being much more involved in order to be consistent with the various pieces developed over the years.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information