5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    So I have a Arris router from my cable company as well.

The port forwarding you want to setup is found: Firewall > Virtual Servers

It should look something like the attached image, except your internal IP number is different.
    Attachment 22806

Note that you can not use IPv6 with FG. You must use a IPv4 address.
    So I attempted to locate the Firewall > Virtual Servers setup/drop down, but it isn't there. Only Paternal Controls, Logs (remote and local) and Protection Level are available. The only place where Forwarding exists, for me, is under the advanced settings and then it auto selects IPv6 without an option for IPv4. If I can't find a solution I may have to use a VPN service for myself, and all my players, so we can circumvent this issue.

Blog Entries
    I guess a different version of the router software You might try calling tech support for your cable company and seeing if they can help you. I've had a few issues and once I get to tier 2 support they are pretty helpful.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Part of the issue for that is the router and internet service isn't actually mine, but my roommates, and they don't know that much about this sort of thing. As such it may be simpler, for this coming session, to just use a VPN and avoid this issue entirely. With that in mind are there any good free easy to use VPN services that I can use to host around 7~8 people (including myself)?

Quote Originally Posted by DanTehViking View Post
    With that in mind are there any good free easy to use VPN services that I can use to host around 7~8 people (including myself)?
    We do not know of any free VPN services that only the GM would need to setup.

But, you can use Hamachi - but everyone needs to install it and the GM will need to create 2 networks to allow 8 people to connect. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-Try-Hamachi
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Some routers will let you setup a VPN on the router (so all your players would appear to be on your home network).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Some routers will let you setup a VPN on the router (so all your players would appear to be on your home network).
    You would need the public IP address to be accessible from outside. If you could do that then the Port Forward would also work.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You would need the public IP address to be accessible from outside. If you could do that then the Port Forward would also work.
    Some ISPs might forward the well-known ports for VPN when they won't forward an arbitrary port. Though I guess in that case you could run FG on that port instead...

Blog Entries
    Can you provide the Arris model number and the cable internet carrier you use?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information