DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Warlock Hexblades Curse Effect

How do I get Fantasy Grounds to change the critical hit default f rom 20 to 19 and 20 on a hexblade's cursed target?

You could create a weapon item for the attack and add the property crit chance 19 into it. You could also amend the weapon actions meta data to crit on 19 but that would affect all attacks not just attacks with the hexblade. Other than that all you can do is do it manually. That is watch for a 19 to be rolled and when doing the damage hold SHIFT and drag or double click the damage to force critical damage.

More info on effects for the Hexblade here.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 29th, 2018 at 21:13.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hold shift, not ****.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Hold shift, not ****.
    LOL. Correction applied
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You'll get yourself into a painful situation otherwise.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I created an effect for my Hexblade. It has the self buff below that is always on and looks for a Cursed debuff I drop on enemies. You can change the 2 to = proficiency.

IFT: CUSTOM(Cursed); DMG: 2;

You can also add an effect CRIT:19; that you can drop on yourself with a duration = to the curse and it will modify the crit range, unfortunately it does it for any target you attack. I can not seem to get it to tie into the IFT setting. The Crit part is optional but the damage with the Curse debuff is nice, we do the same for our hunter's mark and hex users. They just always have the IFT effect on and have a debuff they drop on their marked targets that adds in the damage automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleraan View Post
    I created an effect for my Hexblade. It has the self buff below that is always on and looks for a Cursed debuff I drop on enemies. You can change the 2 to = proficiency.

IFT: CUSTOM(Cursed); DMG: 2;

You can also add an effect CRIT:19; that you can drop on yourself with a duration = to the curse and it will modify the crit range, unfortunately it does it for any target you attack. I can not seem to get it to tie into the IFT setting. The Crit part is optional but the damage with the Curse debuff is nice, we do the same for our hunter's mark and hex users. They just always have the IFT effect on and have a debuff they drop on their marked targets that adds in the damage automatically.
    See the video I linked in Post #2

Can someone post the actual text to use on the effects? The only time I can access to edit is during game play and I cant stop to watch the video. Being able to cut/paste in the effects would be awesome.

Thank you!

You need two effects. The first is a simply the word Cursed and is set to Targets and last for 1 minutes. The second is set to self and also last 1 minute. IFT:CUSTOM(Cursed);DMG:[PRF]. For the critical part you can add an effect CRIT:19 but this can't be directed only at the target so will work against any target. So that should only be applied if you are attacking the cursed target.

This doesn't work for me. I tried the PRF Bonus alone and it worked, but the CRIT part doesn't work. Screenshot 2020-11-26 000910.png

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by diskdusk; November 25th, 2020 at 23:15.

Thread Information