DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Steampunk on BRP

I am looking for a ruleset that will work well with Steampunk. Is this a good ruleset for that? And if I buy the ruleset off Fantasy Grounds, does it include a Monster Manual or is that separate? Are there any other books I need to start a campaign? Thanks for any info you can provide.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

I have BRP physical books but I do not have the Basic Roleplaying (BRP) Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. If the FG ruleset follows other core rulebooks it will have whatever the core BRP book has starting on page 329. If you wanted more you would have to also get the BRP Basic Creatures accessory module. Or, put in the data yourself for the creatures that you need.

As for doing Steampunk...I have never tried Steampunk in BRP and I am not sure there is much in the way of official material to support it, either by Chaosium or anyone else. Astounding Adventures! is a pulp sourcebook for BRP that may help with some of it but I do not see a Fantasy Grounds version of it.

BRP can handle it as long as you have the imagination and creativity to create the missing pieces. Those pieces would not be in FG unless you add them, though.

Thread Information