5E Character Create Playlist

drag/drop initiative possibility.

I've been thinking about implementing some kind of drag/dropping of window elements within the combat tracker. IE: drag drop CT entries within the list to re-order them.

However, I don't believe that seek location is an available piece of information you can get from a window within a window list. You can pick out the drop location coordinates after a drag/drop in terms of absolute position within application window, and thus the CT window.; but this is useless information without knowing the current seek location.

So I take it this is impossible?

What do you mean be seek location?

If you are talking about the start location of the drag, you have to get that indirectly. What I did in my dragline control was preserve the mouse down location and then when dragstart occurs (which only fires after the drag has gone some distance) I would go fetch the original mouse location I stashed

Sounds like he wants to get the drop destination, not start location.

I've not actually needed a drop location in anything I've coded but that would be nice to be able to drag a creature to a different position in the CT list.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    The entries in the Combat Tracker are in a list control. You might be able to use getWindowAt to determine the entry that is under the mouse pointer. Maybe. I don't interact much with the LUA side of things.

getWindow from window list can work after you adjust the current absolute mouse position relative to the window.

Thread Information