FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Token position and locking

Is it possible to do the following;
    1) Make it so tokens are only centered within a grid square? Default they can go halfway (over intersecting grid lines)- i find this frustrating as my players are freaking blind i guess and never center themselves.
    2) Disable token rotation (mouse wheel) completely? I find this frustrating when i want to zoom or out quickly and have my cursor accidentally over a token- we never use facing so there is no need for this 'feature'.

Blog Entries
    1) no, otherwise large tokens could not be placed correctly.
    2) not that I know of

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't think the default is to halfway; I think it's to the nearest point. Tokens snap to the centre of the grid if the token is placed somewhere near the centre of the grid. If you set lock tokens then you need to approve player moves. So if they don't centre the token don't approve the move until they do.

You can add your second suggestion to the wishlist if it isn't there already.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    1) no, otherwise large tokens could not be placed correctly.
    2) not that I know of
    Don't really see why this would make it so large tokens couldnt be placed correctly- they would still be within a space rather than over intersecting lines.
    fg - token position.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    Don't really see why this would make it so large tokens couldnt be placed correctly- they would still be within a space rather than over intersecting lines.
    fg - token position.jpg
    I think you will need to put it on the feature request.
    Im guessing more people prefer being able to snap tokens to more places.
    Maybe it can be added as an option...

Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    fg - token position.jpg
    For most d20 based systems "large" tokens occupy 2x2 squares. The screenshot you show is for a 3x3 creature (usually referred to as "huge" in size).

Any creature that takes up an even number of squares - large = 2x2, gargantuan = 4x4 needs to anchor the center of the token to a grid intersection, not the center of the square.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And some RPG systems have "long" tokens - e.g. 1x2 which requires the token to be anchored to the center of a grid side.

Hence why you have the 3 different grid anchors - Center, middle of the side, grid apex.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 12th, 2018 at 15:33.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As this behavior is set in the base imagecontrol XML (read at campaign load) it isn’t possible to have his as an option within the campaign.

An extension could be written that changes the setting.

See the "snapsquare" XML property here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...xcp#snapToGrid

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And some RPG systems have "long" tokens - e.g. 1x2 which requires the token to be anchored to the center of a grid side.

Hence why you have the 3 different grid anchors - Center, middle of the side, grid apex.
    Looks like correct snapping position should be calculated with dependency on token size.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Zebr911

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information