5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Numenera libraries help?

Hello, I'm not really new to FG, but XML is still very new to me. Would anyone out there be able to work with me on making a "Type", "Powers" and "Abilities" library for Numenera? These all seem to still be on the 'to-do' list. I can work with you to help you understand everything you need to put in, I just don't know how to do it myself yet.

We had previously requested the option to build an official ruleset with libraries when Numenera launched, but did not receive permission. Several other people involved in their community and ours also asked, but I've never seen any traction.

The ruleset does not currently have the record types to store these character generation pieces of information (types/powers/abilities), so the task would require adding those record types to the ruleset, in addition to creating the libraries. Also, the libraries would not be able to be shared, due to copyright.

For my games, I just had the players enter the information as we went; there's really not that much to enter on a one-by-one character basis. I would suggest just running your game that way.

Also, I suggest reaching out on the Monte Cook Games web site to request official FG materials.

Regards,
    JPG

Well, I was looking to fill in my own libraries, maybe even look at an empty one too, to see if I can figure out how to make my own. I just wrote to MCG after reading your reply, and hopefully it's one among many requests that help him allow us to play his game easier.

Thread Information