STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 37 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    you only need to forward 1802tcp.
    sent you a PM.
    Thanks damned! Just for info: my isp had to set something like "NAT" on my connection configuration.

Now it works fine! And now I can start mastering!!

Trying to connect to a game tonight for the first time as a player. Getting the red Failure notification on the FG Run Test. Thought that I had set up port forwarding on my router. I've tried Canyouseeme and I get this message:

Error: I could not see your service on 205.164.4.169 on port (1802)
    Reason: Connection refused

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Delm74 View Post
    Trying to connect to a game tonight for the first time as a player. Getting the red Failure notification on the FG Run Test. Thought that I had set up port forwarding on my router.
    You don't need any of this to join a game as a player. Click the "join game" button on the first screen, enter your player name and the host address/alias and off you go!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Trying to connect to a game tonight for the first time as a player. Getting the red Failure notification on the FG Run Test. Thought that I had set up port forwarding on my router. I've tried Canyouseeme and I get this message:

Error: I could not see your service on 205.164.4.169 on port (1802)
    Reason: Connection refused

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?
    See Trenloes post above!
    But to also test if you have got the stuff working with canyouseeme - you need to actually have a campaign loaded in FG. But also if the connection test fails - canyouseeme should also fail.
    You might have a local software firewall (AV product or Windows Firewall) and you might actually have some double NAT going on - eg you are connecting via a router/wifi that is plugged into another router/modem and both are doing NAT. If that is the case you need to on the router/modem port-forward tcp1802 to the WAN interface of the router/wifi device and on that device port-forward tcp1802 to the PC/laptop IP address....

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You don't need any of this to join a game as a player. Click the "join game" button on the first screen, enter your player name and the host address/alias and off you go!
    Good to know that at least - I'm still not able to connect to the host. The GM asked to connect through OpenVPN which I assume I have open (PrivateTunnel open and connected), gave us a host address - getting the Error stop sign message.

thanks again

Blog Entries
    Good to know that at least - I'm still not able to connect to the host. The GM asked to connect through OpenVPN which I assume I have open (PrivateTunnel open and connected), gave us a host address - getting the Error stop sign message.

thanks again
    The GM might have an issue at their end. Are you in TeamSpeak or other with the GM? Are other players connected?

He's currently engaged in the session prior to the one I signed up for, so I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done on my end in the meantime. Having used roll20 previously I hadn't anticipated the connection issues here and it feels like it's beyond my technical know-how

Blog Entries
    Hi Delm74 - the GM does need to do some additional setup. This is a downside to the GM Host vs Cloud Host design that FG uses. On the plus side - it is not dependent on someone elses servers and all your data etc stays on your systems and you dont have to worry about losing access to it. Players dont normally have to do anything else unless the GM needs to use a VPN - in that case you may also need to use a VPN. You can have the GM contact me directly if he would like some help with his current setup.

So...progress? I have OpenVPN running and my system indicates that I am connected to the fantasygrounds IP address that the GM set up.
    Still can't connect on the fantasy grounds program . I'm on teamspeak so hopefully can troubleshoot when the current session wraps up...still trying to futz around with my system/network settings...

Whatever it was, my GM stepped in and sorted me out so I am good to go! Thanks so much for the input from the community!

Thread Information