FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 37 of 37 First ... 27353637
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yannews View Post
    I don't have the same router that you used in your example, but I configured mine without a problem. Thanks for the help!
    Bye bye.

Just recently changed my home network setup to a Linksys Velop mesh network. Setup went fine and port forwarding looks straight forward, but I can't get it working for FG to save my life. Has anyone else used this or have any ideas? I had no issues setting it up on my previous Netgear router. I am direct connected to one of the nodes via Ethernet cable.

Quote Originally Posted by KhybersGhost View Post
    Just recently changed my home network setup to a Linksys Velop mesh network. Setup went fine and port forwarding looks straight forward, but I can't get it working for FG to save my life. Has anyone else used this or have any ideas? I had no issues setting it up on my previous Netgear router. I am direct connected to one of the nodes via Ethernet cable.
    Check that your new network connection on your computer is set to Private.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Did you replace your netgear or did you add to your network?
    Post answers to the 7 questions in the network connections explained thread

I have a weird Fantasy grounds connection problem. My set up currently a virgin cable router put in to modem mode with a Mesh wifi setup connected to it. This was all working fine till a few weeks ago with no need to port forward. Then i started a few network connection issues where my PC wasn't connecting to the Mesh Wifi which i resolved by pulling out the usb wifi adaptor and putting it back in. Eventually it stopped working at all so i brought a replacement however while waiting for the replacement adaptor to arrive I used the internal Wifi card in my desk top successfully. The new usb adaptor arrived with its double antennae , plug it in , updated the drivers and it connected to the mesh but failed the Fantasy grounds connection test while the internal wifi adaptor works fine. Both external adaptors use the same chip realtek 8812BU while the internal card uses a realtek 8821AE chip. I'm confused as to why my nice wifi adaptor https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 doesn't want to play with Fantasy grounds

@hawkwind - I imagine you'll have a different IP address assigned to each of the different network adapters.

Login to the admin page of your mesh wifi and see what UPnP or part forwarding is setup for the adapter that's working. Change it to the IP address of the adapter that you want to use, or refresh so that UPnP picks up the IP address you want.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I'm confused as to why my nice wifi adaptor
    Please check that the new WiFi connection is marked as Private and not Public. Public connections turn on additional security features that block traffic on ports and UPnP that would otherwise work. Firewall settings may only be set to allow over Private.

Delete
    Last edited by Amnesty SayGen; September 12th, 2020 at 02:18.

Thread Information