STAR TREK 2d20
Page 26 of 37 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last

Windows: 10.211.55.3
    Mac: 192.168.1.67

Because I run FG on the virtual Windows desktop, the "Load Campaign" screen displays the internal and external IP addresses from the Windows side. But my router's IP is 192.168.1.254, which looks more related to the Mac side.

I tried changing the Windows IP to fit with the Mac IP naming scheme, but this just made my computer run really slow and FG still could not pass the connection test (so I swapped it back to the original Windows IP settings).

Windows Firewall is configured to allow FG through on both public and private networks. I always run FG as a system administrator, not sure if that is relevant.

On my router page, I configured port forwarding on both the Windows and Mac IP addresses, but neither worked during test connection.

It is becoming quite the ordeal, lol

Blog Entries
    Use the 10.211.55.3 # in the router port forward entry.

tried that, but did not work (see PORT attachment in my previous post)

Blog Entries
    This might have been answered previously, but have you tried the Mac OSX Installation instead of running under Parallels?

Figured it out!! Changed my virtual machine networking preferences from "Shared" to "WiFi". This allows my virtual machine to talk directly to my router (which enabled it to pick up the correct IP addresses). The set the port forwarding on my router so that the virtual machine IP is open on port 1802.

Huzzah! +1 INT for everyone
    Last edited by fightingcrow60; May 5th, 2017 at 01:06.

I was connecting and then I'm not. I am not at all computer savy so will need some extra help or a good link to what I need to do.
    The only thing I've done is log into my router and enable the port forwarding to 1802.
    Time Zone - Mountain Standard
    Looking to Play
    Looking to DM- considering doing some AL stuff in FG

Quote Originally Posted by crb31 View Post
    I was connecting and then I'm not. I am not at all computer savy so will need some extra help or a good link to what I need to do.
    The only thing I've done is log into my router and enable the port forwarding to 1802.
    Have you double checked the GM computer IP address and used this to you enable TCP port 1802 to forward to your GM computer? The IP address can change, so please check what it is now and that this matches the port forwarding on your router.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information