DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 37 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick View Post
    ...the netstat -a - p tcp command to check to see if the surface was listening on port 1802. It is not, even with Firewall disabled...
    FG will only listen once you have the application running with a "campaign" running. As in once you hit Start on Load Game or Create Game. It isnt listening while you are on that Test screen (except for the test packet).

First, thanks damned *tremendously* for the tech support. With your help I am up and running in FG.

Second, to add to the knowledgebase. I have a NETGEAR C6300 Router. To add port forwarding seemed pretty straight forward. In the 'ADVANCED' tab expand the 'Advanced Setup' bar on the left of the screen to reveal a link to among other things 'Port Forwarding / Port Triggering'. Click that link. Click the '+Add Custom Service' button.

Enter a reasonably logical Service Name. In this case FG1802. Select TCP from the Service Type drop down menu. External Starting and Ending Port should both be 1802. The Internal Starting and Ending Port fields will auto populate. Enter the appropriate IP address for your fantasygrounds machine. Leave the External IP address field set to Any. Then click the 'Apply' button. This takes you back to the Port Forwarding Page.

I thought I was done at this point. The Enable checkbox was checked. All of the parameters looked correct. I figured the router automatically enabled it since, you know, the check box in the "Enable" column was still checked, but what it turns out I was missing was the need to actually activate the port forwarding.

So the final step is to click the radial buttons for Port Forwarding/Always/and the FG1802 service we had just set up. Then click the 'Apply' button. The Port Forwarding Portmap Table will reload and appear exactly as it looked before this final step. But now, port forwarding for port 1802 will actually work.

Thanks again damned for the assistance.

Hello all!

I just bought Fantasy Grounds and I am having trouble connecting. I was anticipating this, I'm just not sure what the problem is.

I downloaded Fantasy Grounds Ultimate. I logged on and did the self test and got "Success". Good so far.

Before I went further I turned off all firewalls on the computer I was using.

I had a player log on and I gave him the stated IP address. He put it in but after attempting to connect he got the "unable to connect" message.

I'm guessing this is an IP/port forwarding issue. Here is my question:

My ISP comes into a cable modem
    the modem connects to a router (ASUS N66R)which then connects to three computers via Ethernet:
    Desktop 1
    Desktop 2
    Laptop 1 (this is the computer I am running Fantasy Grounds from).

Can I do the static IP/port forwarding procedure for just the computer I am on or do I need to configure the others since they come from the same router?

Also, I disabled the firewall on the Laptop but not on the other computers or the router itself. Could this be an issue?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Are you giving him the internal IP address or the external one? Also, you can try to "Enable Alias", generate a new alias, then give the player the alias instead of IP address.
    Last edited by Andraax; November 10th, 2015 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Are you giving him the internal IP address or the external one? Also, you can try to "Enable Alias", generate a new alias, then give the player the alias instead of IP address.
    I tried both the internal and external IPs but I did not try the alias. I'll try that tonight.

Hi all, please help.

I'm trying to get a group on fantasy grounds right now and they can't connect to me.

I am using Windows 10 and tried adding an inbound rule to allow people on Port 1802. Still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Well, it looks like that worked. Thanks Andraax

Too bad this doesn't work with a PfSense firewall. I setup port forwarding with On WAN -> 1802 TCP -> To 1802 To My PC's IP -> Apply. Still nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by on3moda View Post
    Too bad this doesn't work with a PfSense firewall. I setup port forwarding with On WAN -> 1802 TCP -> To 1802 To My PC's IP -> Apply. Still nothing.
    Welcome on3moda. There is no reason why this cant be made to work thru PfSense. Have you any other stateful packet inspection or similar going on. What do your PfSense logs say?

Thread Information