DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dice Rolls Missing from PC sheets

After the update, when I go to roll for damage, all of the dice rolls were removed from the sheets. (Instead of showing 1d4+3 in the calculation, it simply says 3 in the damage slot, for instance).

What ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Hey Beeaker, welcome to the forums.

We're going to at least need to know what ruleset you are using in order to start trouble shooting. It would also help if you told us if you are the GM or player, is this happening to all characters? Is it happening in all campaigns? Screenshots? Steps to reproduce?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry, my mistake. I am the GM using the 5E ruleset. It is happening for all of my characters, but only on my one campaign.

Missing Dice Rolls.PNG

Are you using any extensions? If so try without extensions to see if the problem goes away. If it does replace each extension one at a time until you find the culprit.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The problem still persists even after disabling all extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeaker View Post
    Sorry, my mistake. I am the GM using the 5E ruleset. It is happening for all of my characters, but only on my one campaign.

Missing Dice Rolls.PNG
    Click the magnifying glass icon to the right of each damage entry and in the window that appears, re-drag the relevant dice to the from below the chat window to the damage dice field. Info on dice fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...cs#Dice_Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello, We just did the latest update as prompted before our session on Thursday August 30th. All damage and healing dice have been removed from spells, weapons, etc. In place of the 1d8, it shows 2.5 or something like that; a static number.

This was in a Pathfinder game. Disabled all extensions and it didn't make a difference.

Is there a way to protect against this in the future? It took us the better part of 40 minutes to put everything back in place. Ironically, during the last session a week ago, I managed to convince the players to put all their character records into the system, stepping away from their paper or Excel character sheets. Now, no one trusts the system.

You are only the second person to have had this issue that I have seen reported so it is extremely rare and may have been caused by an extension (or combination of extensions) that was being used or some other unusual combination of circumstances. The best protection is to disable all extensions before you do any kind of update or before opening a campaign after an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information