DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 37 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    still no one is able to log in i need he;lp on connection test success
    tcp 1802

Blog Entries
    Im here - send me a PM with your email address please.

While trying to run a host game I'm getting a failure when running the test. I'm on a Mac running Yosemite using Wineskin. I've noticed most of the suggestions on here are for Windows machines, so I was hoping someone had experience with hosting on a Mac could help me out.

I'm using a Netgear ADSL2+ and a Time Capsule. While I do have Little Snitch, its currently set to allow all connections.

I'll look through some of the Windows suggestions to see if any of them can help. I did try the canyouseeme link and it timed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Interesting... lifetime at $39 is very good if it works (and they stay around for more than a year). I've just given it a go (you can get a 10 day trial account) - port 1802 isn't routed as part of the VPN, so can't get a connection to FG. I've sent their support an email to see if it's possible to set the forwarding up.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If people are willing to run FG on a non standard port I have a way for people to get thru lots of firewalls...
    That can be a bit of a last resort. One of the good things about using a VPN service (rather than something like Hamachi) is that is minimises the impact to the players and they just connect as normal. Having to change port numbers is a pain for non-computer savy users, it's really not much of an option unless you have the exact same players each session and can take the time to set it up on everyone's computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Interesting... lifetime at $39 is very good if it works (and they stay around for more than a year). I've just given it a go (you can get a 10 day trial account) - port 1802 isn't routed as part of the VPN, so can't get a connection to FG. I've sent their support an email to see if it's possible to set the forwarding up.
    Quick response:
    "Unfortunately, we don't provide port forwarding. You can't use 1802 port with VPN Unlimited. "

Case closed. Stick with a tried and tested VPN provider - I've used HMA and PureVPN successfully - these give you your own IP address when you connect to the VPN, FG picks that up and you just use your alias as normal. HMA and PureVPN forward most (all?) traffic to your PC (which is why it works with Fantasy Grounds) so just make sure you have an up-to-date AV/firewall running (which you should be anyway).

Hey team, I just purchased the Ultimate GM license and am trying to set it up to host a game. I even bought a port forwarding utility to set-up my Verizon router. It seems to have worked but I'm still not able to open port 1802. My test fails.

I have McAfee firewall on too, but it won't let me turn it off. It keeps turning back on.

Any suggestions?

I know it's user error here, so help me out!

Blog Entries
    Fendor - I can give you a hand a little later today.
    Quick question - do you have one or more routers / modems on your network?

Thread Information