DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 37 First ... 253334353637 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    Hello , I'm not sure if to post here but I'm having a connection problem as well , i read all the post here and tried to fix. my biggest problem is i know just enough computer skills to mess it up good i think. i made an static ip out of the routers scoap, reserved the ip, i can still connect to the net.
    I set port forwarding tcp 1802 , tried router ip, comp ip, found wifi card port forwarding I think and added 1802 tcp to that as well with the comp ip. set inbound rules for 1802 on firewall. i've tried different combos but still no go. i know feel its close but i'm out of ideals. maybe i just have the wrong combo.
    I play with a group with no problem but i wanted to try running my own deadlands reloaded for them. after buying what i needed i found out i cant GM. any help is well appreciated thank you!

Attachment 25580
    Attachment 25581
    Your port forward entry is incorrect. For the Private IP field, you have the router's IP address of 192.168.0.1. This is your router -- also your Default Gateway on the first screenshot. You want to put in the Internal IP address of your computer running FG. This should be 192.168.0.254.

Also try to log directly into your ISP's router/modem and switch it to bridge mode if everything inside your network uses your wi-fi router. Your wi-fi router will become your main access to the Internet for everything on your network. Make sure everything gets an IP address from there or is plugged into there and not directly into the modem your ISP gave you. You may need to call your ISP to see if they can switch it for you. Just tell them that you have your own router. Because of the tracert, you will probably need their help to set things on their end.

Do you have any firewall software running, like WIndows firewall? If so you will need to put in an exception in the firewall too.

Blog Entries
    Whilst the port forward is incorrect - the router at hop 2 and the one at hop 3 are also doing NAT so unless the OP has access to both of these as well she wont be able to do the forwarding.

thanks for the replies and trying to help! I only have the one cable modem/ router the isp supplied me with. i connect through wifi only with laptop, ps4 and 2 phones. i have windows firewall but i input an inbound rule for tcp 1802, i even tried it with fw disabled., i will try the NAT bridged, does my ps4 and phones need static ip as well for that?

Blog Entries
    thanks for the replies and trying to help! I only have the one cable modem/ router the isp supplied me with. i connect through wifi only with laptop, ps4 and 2 phones. i have windows firewall but i input an inbound rule for tcp 1802, i even tried it with fw disabled., i will try the NAT bridged, does my ps4 and phones need static ip as well for that?
    Hi Lazlo

The TWO upstream devices from you are doing NAT.
    You have to speak with your ISP and see if they can Port Forward for you or you will need to use another solution.
    See the Port Forward Alternatives thread.

I appreciate y'all s help very much, i will post results with isp when i get them. zero-tier works, trouble is my group is reluctant to dl ) , thats something i have to work on lol =)

Well, you can do PureVPN, which only the DM has to use, but it costs just a little. Their tech support is unparalleled, though (well, next to SW anyway).

Blog Entries
    I appreciate y'all s help very much, i will post results with isp when i get them. zero-tier works, trouble is my group is reluctant to dl ) , thats something i have to work on lol =)
    Tell your ISP that you "play peer to peer gaming". Don't use the term "server" or they may want to switch you to a business account.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Does anyone know if you set your Modem (Verizon Vios) as just a bridget to a 3rd party router that is much better (ASUS 1900 series) if there is some trick to setting this up? I have added both TCP 1802 and UDP 3074 port forwarding in my router, but think its still not working because of the modem. Problem is, unless I revert back to the sucky Vios modem, its just a bridge and I can't access it anymore as an admin, unless I factory resent it and take it out of bridge mode. There has to be a way to fix this without completely starting over again on the modem. I've tried the port forwarding site, the ASUS customer support, and Verizon and those two are just running me in circles saying its the other group's issue.

As someone new to the software and trying to just set up a Session Zero connection test with some of my party members, I can't even do that yet. The Connection Test in the beginning keeps saying Failure.

If your modem is in bridge mode then no port forwarding should be needed on that device, as it isn't the device that's getting the public IP, your ASUS router is. This is the ideal configuration, as you only need to deal with port forwarding on one device (your router).

To ensure it is in fact your router getting the public IP from your ISP, go to a site that shows you what IP address your traffic shows as coming from (canyouseeme.org, ipchicken.com, etc) and see if the IP there matches what your router says is its WAN IP when your modem is in bridge mode. If it matches then your issue is likely one of the following:

- Port forwarding rules on your ASUS router are misconfigured.
    - Something on your PC is blocking the traffic from hitting port 1802.
    - Your ISP is blocking port 1802.

The only port you should need to forward is 1802; UDP 3074 is not needed.

Thread Information