DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Brilliant! I seem to be able to Edit, export and modify my files so the database grows. Phew, I was starting to sweat after all those lost hours..
    Thanks guys

Blog Entries
    You're welcome. Happy gaming!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Alright, another question.

I'm making a homebrew monster manual of compiled monsters and NPCs I have found on reddit, pinterest, etc. I just learned about NPC Engineer which I should have been using day 1, but didn't know about it until today.

I noticed in other modules when you open them in the library they have options such as "Reference Manual, Spells, NPCs," Then clicking NPCs for example, will bring up a new window with "NPCs by Terrain, Alphabetical or CR"

How do I incorporate these options with my export?

Apart from reference manuals everything is exported in the same way, create the items, NPC, spells whatever and export. You can’t create reference manuals from within FG natively but you can use the Author extension to do so. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Project-Author
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

But Zacchaeus when I export it, it's not going to automatically provide the options and organize the monsters by CR, Terrain Type, or Alphabetically... Won't I have to create seperate story entries and do that all myself?

As per the screenshot, this is what I wanted my module to have.
    NPC Index.png
    Last edited by mostcallmetim; April 26th, 2019 at 01:30.

i Probably didn’t explain that too well.

What you are looking to do (create indexes etc) cannot be done by exporting from FG. What you are seeing is a reference and you cannot create and export a reference from within FG. You can manipulate the exported xml to do it but you can’t create it in FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can only export data to a module that is in the base campaign, not in any other modules.

When you edited the NPC you would have created a copy in the local campaign database, hence why only that one NPC was exported. You can tell the difference between a module record and campaign data with the little icons after the record - no icon = campaign data, book icon = module data.
    I'm having a similar issue. I have created an adventure in my development campaign and exported that as a module. All good, that works fine and opens correctly in my live campaign. However, when I go into my development campaign, add new stuff to the adventure, and do the export again, none of that information is exported. When I open up the data in the development campaign, only the stuff I created for the original export has the module data icon - all the new stuff has no icon, so it is treated as campaign data and not exported. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DMTCSyd View Post
    When I open up the data in the development campaign, only the stuff I created for the original export has the module data icon - all the new stuff has no icon, so it is treated as campaign data and not exported. What am I doing wrong?
    You can only export data from a campaign, you can't export module data. That's what I was saying in the text you quoted. Don't load previously exported modules in your development campaign, unless you're going to copy records and then re-export. To avoid confusion, close all modules you're not using in your development campaign, so you only see the campaign data - which will be the data exported (if you select that record type in the module export window).

Make sure when you re-export from the development campaign that you select the record types you want to export - the selections you used previously will not be remembered.

And, as damned mentions, you may need to "Revert changes" in the campaign you've loaded your module into (load it into a test campaign, not the development campaign) in order for it to see new records.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

(phew) This is seriously confusing...so.. is this right:
    Step 1:
    1. Create a 'development' campaign
    2. Create 10 custom NPCs inside that campaign
    3. Export them to a module.
    4. Open that module in your game campaign.

Step 2: (To add new custom NPCs)
    1. Re-open your development campaign.
    2. Open the module containing the 10 custom NPCs
    3. Manually copy them all(?) to create 'campaign material' vs module material
    4. Create five new custom NPCs
    5. Manually add the now 10 Copied NPCs and the 5 new custom NPCs to the same module
    6. Open that re-exported module to have those new 15 custom NPCs in your game campaign

That seems very laborious with a good chance of missing things from the originally created module.
    I do not see in the Right Click menu an option to 'Revert' modules, stories or NPCs in their respective windows so what purpose does that serve ...and how do I do it?
    Am I missing a step or confusing something?
    Last edited by FundPirate; December 13th, 2020 at 22:21.

Thread Information