DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Module exporting

Hi all. I'm having trouble after creating new content [eg I edit a monster and have a module of monsters & items that I want to export it to]. I export using /export and select NPC's & Items, then Export.
    When I check my mod file by reloading the module only the last added NPC is in the mod file. I have been trying to resolve it for a while now, but it is always the same result. I understand the export function replaces the mod file, but if I have say 10 NPC's in my mod file, open FG and edit a monster in the NPC section in the same group listing all my previous monsters, I would have thought the edited monster that is in the same group as the others and I hit export, wouldn't the entire group be resaved/exported to my mod file?
    Clearly I am doing something wrong or missing something. Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers Dave
    I don't know if this screen shot will help.. FYI:When exported, only the Aarakocra Darter is exported.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure exactly what you might be doing but a couple of things come to mind.

When you export come out of FG altogether and then create a new champaign and open the module in that to see if everything is ok. If you then want to add more stuff go back into your original campaign where you created things and add more and then re-export.

You can't 'Add' to a module that is open in a campaign, only in the campaign that you created the content in.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    I understand the export function replaces the mod file, but if I have say 10 NPC's in my mod file, open FG and edit a monster in the NPC section in the same group listing all my previous monsters, I would have thought the edited monster that is in the same group as the others and I hit export, wouldn't the entire group be resaved/exported to my mod file?
    You can only export data to a module that is in the base campaign, not in any other modules.

When you edited the NPC you would have created a copy in the local campaign database, hence why only that one NPC was exported. You can tell the difference between a module record and campaign data with the little icons after the record - no icon = campaign data, book icon = module data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Check out the Adventure Creation link in my sig, it talks about development campaigns and exporting. If Mr. Z and Trenloe's advice doesn't help. Let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    So are you meaning that I can only grow a database of edited monsters & magic items in 1 campaign and if I want to use those edited monsters/items I have to run all my "D&D campaigns" in that 1 campaign?
    Or is there a way to save off to another area as I grow that database and reload it each session into whichever campaign I am playing on a given night?

Sorry how would I find "the Adventure Creation link in my sig" ?
    Cheers

Yeah I noticed those icons and eventually worked their meaning out.
    I am using only 3 modules at present. A DM one, a player's Handbook and my database mod. Don't all my campaigns access the mods in my mod file, or am I missing something (again?)
    What do you mean by "Base campaign"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you might be doing but a couple of things come to mind.

When you export come out of FG altogether and then create a new champaign and open the module in that to see if everything is ok. If you then want to add more stuff go back into your original campaign where you created things and add more and then re-export.

You can't 'Add' to a module that is open in a campaign, only in the campaign that you created the content in.
    Thanks, I'll try this now

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Sorry how would I find "the Adventure Creation link in my sig" ?
    Cheers
    See LordEntrails' signature - the links at the bottom of his post. Click on "Adventure Module Creation" which will take you to a forum thread. Read the first post and download and read the attachment in that post. This covers all of the questions you’ve asked (and more).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you..

Thread Information