FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Activating my pathfinder books when im not gm

Hey!

I have read some posts and my understanding is that i should be able to use my core rule book, ultimate magic and advanced book in a game where i am not the gm.
    This should be doable with the gm going into his library and somehow allowing me to use them. However he says that they dont show up in his modules.
    I really would like to be able to use my books since i paid a lot for them.

Does your GM own them? If not, they're not going to appear in his library.
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

It looks like these books may have been flagged differently than usual. I'm checking with the devs...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    Does your GM own them? If not, they're not going to appear in his library.
    If the module is flagged as a player accessible resource then they will appear to the GM as an option for the GM to allow access to those that own them.

The issue here is that these modules appear to not be flagged as player accessible.

The process is mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post378764
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I didn't know that, thanks Trenloe. I'm learning new things daily!!

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Trenloe, what does one need to do to flag a module as player-accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Trenloe, what does one need to do to flag a module as player-accessible?
    The data file needs to be client.xml not db.xml

So if i go and change db.xml to client.xml it will work or is this not possible since its paid module?

Edit:
    Seems its not possible since the paid stuff seems to be password protected.
    Is it intended they are this way or will this be fixed?

Blog Entries
    It is intended that they are protected. It is not intended that they are not accessible. They will be fixed. No ETA.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok that answers my question. Thanks!

Thread Information