Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5E - PassiveFloor

Current Version : 1.2 now released on LIVE!

Passive Floor : This extention applys a Player Characters "Passive" score to be the lowest possible role that player can actively make.
    meaning : if a player has a Passive Perception of 13, then any "Perception" roll that results in a 12 or lower will be reset to 13

the Passive score is 10 + attribute mod + Prof (if you have it in that skill)
    you can also think of it as "Talking 10", to borrow a term from previous D&D editions.

why? : this is based on the idea that your worst "i try to see" roll shouldn't be any worse then your "just walking by and not even trying" score.
    here is a write up, that includes an interview with Jeremy Crawford: https://thinkdm.org/2018/12/22/passive-skills/ (skip to the "Always On" section.

Currently :
    • Must be a Player Character in the Combat Tracker
    • only applies to Perception, Investigation, and Insight checks (can be turned on/off in Settings)
    • automatilcy takes into account the Observation feat.
    • Adds +5 to the Floor if the player had ADV and -5 if the playter had DIS (optional)

The following improvements are being considered:
    • scan for any Effects that modiify the skill check
    • make this work for NPC's (NPC sheet would need to have the skill listed)
    • expand the list of Skills that the Floor applies to.
    • add images/icon

Forge link : PassiveFloor

Version History
    0.3 - initial testing release. (only posted to TEST Channel)
    1.0 - released to LIVE (also updated the name to "Feature: Passive Floor"
    1.1 - adding oninit picture, and added setting for ADV/Dis to turn off +5/-5, as two dice are already rolled, so it seems like this is accounting for advantage twice.
    1.2 - removed a deprecated command
    Last edited by FyreM; December 27th, 2021 at 05:10. Reason: added Forge link

Thanks, as I said in another post been using this in the game last night and it's working perfectly even with all my EXTs loaded (90 of them).

I'm really liking this extension.
    What are your thoughts on Nat 1's?
    I'm not trying to open the can of worms on here about whether skill checks CAN or CAN'T be Crit fail/success but it did get me to thinking about it after rolling several 1's and having the Passive floor override them in the chat.

The Chat text DOES tell you what roll it dropped.. if the Table wanted Nat 1's to always fail they would atleast know it happend. -- if there are a few people that want it, i could add a Option Setting that will leave Nat 1's .. and not change them.

"Nat 1 always fail" true/false (Default false)

Yea no worries just wanted your thoughts. Thank you for this ext.

I did notice that the generic actions search did not get affected by the floor ext. When I use its search it rolls normal, but when I use the skill from the skills tab it uses the floor.

Generic Actions v1.13 for Fantasy Grounds Unity Copyright 2021 SilentRuin

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I did notice that the generic actions search did not get affected by the floor ext. When I use its search it rolls normal, but when I use the skill from the skills tab it uses the floor.

Generic Actions v1.13 for Fantasy Grounds Unity Copyright 2021 SilentRuin
    Yeah it doesn't work for that because GA calls it's own rolls.
    I don't use those rolls (and even removed them by editing GA) because I just use the ones from the skills list now. GA conflicts with a few things that calls its own rolls. Only 1 can do it.

I still use GA just I only have the options that are contested, or used in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yeah it doesn't work for that because GA calls it's own rolls.
    I don't use those rolls (and even removed them by editing GA) because I just use the ones from the skills list now. GA conflicts with a few things that calls its own rolls. Only 1 can do it.

I still use GA just I only have the options that are contested, or used in other ways.
    I see, shame. I like GA for taking the best between investigation and perception for the roll. Also, it is a skill check that happens a lot so it makes it easy if you can do it from the actions tab. I have another ext that brings ability scores and initiative from the 1st tab to the actions tab making the actions tab the main location for most of the game (followed by inventory).

i will look at GA and see if there is anything i can do, but it is likely GA does its own rolling, so my extension has no way to know to get invoolved.
    but , i will take a look.

Thread Information