FG Spreadshirt Swag

Warhammer 1st edition - Mod available? And seeking NPCs

New to the FG forums, although just finished Curse of Strahd as a player.

My group may be about to try warhammer 1st edition, with a campaign set in Estalia. The campaign is fully planned , and has already started face to face.

Can FG handle 1st ed.? And if so, how?

Also, if there are any Spanish/German and English multilingual players out there who'd be interested I like to use guest 'actors' for key NPCs. Spoiler: they will be cynical and devious when they aren't evil. The players are the innocent ones.

Blog Entries
    Yes. FG can play any system using one of the generic rulesets; CoreRPG, MoreCore, or DORCore. But, for Warhammer there are specific rulesets.

Their is a community Ruleset for WH 1e here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ntasy_Roleplay

Note that 5E has the most automation of any ruleset, so don't expect the same level of automation with other rulesets.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look later.

Warhammer 1st Edition Ruleset under https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/i...ntasy_Roleplay is still working with Fantasy Grounds Classic.

I made some corrections so it does work in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Fixed Issues:
    - W100 Rolls are corrected (no more rolling W100+W10)
    - Fixed some of the rolls in the fields of the weapon

Known Issues:
    - I dislike the pictures in the chat after a roll, but no real idea how this works and how to fix.
    - Grouping, e.g. of items got lost.

Should there be interest of using it under Fantasy Grounds Unity I please DM me and I can provide the fixes. If there is some demand I could even have a look into the grouping thing. I personally moved to 2nd edition and MoreCore because I want to use modules and that was not working for me with the 1st edition.
    From Space, hm? I heard it is pretty cold out there that time of year...

Good evening, I have a question on the WHFRP 1e rule set at the above link. I have attempted to download the file but I can not save the file. When I click on the link it opens a page with symbols and text (similar to when opened in notepad). I am not a programmer and I trying to figure out how to make it work. I am assuming from the above message that you (iiivison) uploaded the rule-set and that it functions. I have uploaded different rule-sets in the past, but not sure how to properly upload. I know of and have looked at the 2e version from Paul Pratt, but prefer to stick with 1e if possible. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Felgar View Post
    Good evening, I have a question on the WHFRP 1e rule set at the above link. I have attempted to download the file but I can not save the file.
    Welcome to the FG forums. The link to the ruleset file is https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...ts/WFRP_1E.pak See if this link works for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sometimes the most obvious is the correct answer. I thought it through last night and realized that I never attempted to save the link, i just kept clicking it to open it. I seems to work, just never saw anything like that prior, assume it would be download once I click it. Again not a programmer, thanks for the quick answer.

Update to post - how do you enter modules into the library? I am familiar with module activation upon starting campaign, but there is no option to do this when WHFRP 1e opens. Again thanks.
    Last edited by Felgar; October 8th, 2020 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Felgar View Post
    Sometimes the most obvious is the correct answer. I thought it through last night and realized that I never attempted to save the link, i just kept clicking it to open it. I seems to work, just never saw anything like that prior, assume it would be download once I click it. Again not a programmer, thanks for the quick answer.

Update to post - how do you enter modules into the library? I am familiar with module activation upon starting campaign, but there is no option to do this when WHFRP 1e opens. Again thanks.
    That is one of the things why I went for 2nd edition...
    1st edition, apart from being really nice and having all I need, lacks some of the "newer" features, especially it is not designed to save and load modules. You can load mappacks and tokens, but no adventure modules. And, what is more important: You could not create or save modules. At the moment as I said, I moved to 2nd edition, but I am very unhappy with the load of functionality. I made a extension to Warhammer 2nd edition to have some "smaller" NPCs which are more compatible to MoreCore and Core ruleset, but I am not entirely happy. But: I am able to have modules and I mastered 25 sessions of old warhammer adventures and the first part of Enemy Within of the 4th edition using still 1st ed rules (ok, the charsheet handling is still clunky).

Since I have no idea on how to really add module save and load functionality to 1st edition (I think that the code is really aged...), I think I will stick with 2nd ed and modify it slighly or wait for the MoreCore approach for a 4th edition version.
    From Space, hm? I heard it is pretty cold out there that time of year...

Thread Information