FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Numenera: Adding abilities/descriptors/etc

Hey there! I understand that publishing a module of abilities or other content from the setting would not be allowed but how about an extension to allow GMs to input that data themselves? Perhaps with homebrew abilties, etc? I'm just thinking along the line of empty library entries for these things so that I can populate it with my own homebrew setting content. Is that okay?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by csbailey1984 View Post
    Hey there! I understand that publishing a module of abilities or other content from the setting would not be allowed but how about an extension to allow GMs to input that data themselves? Perhaps with homebrew abilties, etc? I'm just thinking along the line of empty library entries for these things so that I can populate it with my own homebrew setting content. Is that okay?
    Yes should be 100% fine.

Oh good! Do you know about publishing a module of homebrew data that follows the ruleset but isn't included in the books? Perhaps some generic scifi/fantasy/superhero data to help GMs get rolling?

Blog Entries
    Oh good! Do you know about publishing a module of homebrew data that follows the ruleset but isn't included in the books? Perhaps some generic scifi/fantasy/superhero data to help GMs get rolling?
    If it doesnt come from the rulebook or a straight copy from any other copyright material then you can.

That is what I did when I created my modules for the Cypher system. I can't share anything because Monte Cook Games hasn't given me permission to do so.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Blahness98 - You weren't able to share your homebrew modules? Or the data you copied from the CS corebook? Man I wish we had a fully featured cypher system ruleset that could be applied to numenera, the strange, etc.. I'm toying around with adding in the features I'd like to see in one but I haven't messed with FG much before and still piecing it all together. =)

Blahness98 - You weren't able to share your homebrew modules? Or the data you copied from the CS corebook?
    It's copyright protected material. So no, it can't be legally shared.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's copyright protected material. So no, it can't be legally shared.
    Yeah I knew that about the CS material I just misunderstood and thought he meant he couldn't share the homebrew stuff he created. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    That is what I did when I created my modules for the Cypher system. I can't share anything because Monte Cook Games hasn't given me permission to do so.
    Did you by chance create an extension for the numenera ruleset when you added in abilities? I'm still trying to figure it out and would hate to reinvent the wheel.

Thread Information