FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Putting input controls in chat?

Is it possible to put an input control into chat window? I am looking to solicit basic input from the users from in the chat window.

Anyone have a high level view how to do that? Anything else done it before I might could go over?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Try "/vote".

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Try "/vote".
    That was the first thing I looked for but seems to be "in" FG.exe ... I couldn't find it in CoreRPG.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There's a "/vote <question>" command built into the client for a basic poll with yes/no/unanswered options.

Also, there is no way to customize the chat window other than as a standard window control. If you wanted to pop up some sort of input dialog to get feedback from the user, you would need to pop up a separate window to query the user. This is similar to how the manual dice rolling works with the "manualrolls" window class.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's a "/vote <question>" command built into the client for a basic poll with yes/no/unanswered options.

Also, there is no way to customize the chat window other than as a standard window control. If you wanted to pop up some sort of input dialog to get feedback from the user, you would need to pop up a separate window to query the user. This is similar to how the manual dice rolling works with the "manualrolls" window class.
    I was thinking about something that worked like vote but was more like /readycheck and had a checkbox+user's name list and the players can only click their name-check. To make it easier to see who was actually there and who wasn't.

I chronically don't really know who is actually there w/o asking over discord.

Creating a popup wouldn't be to bad, I just liked the chat window version with /vote.

Thanks, I'll see what I can come up with.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Moon Wizard an option that might be worth thinking about is a Campaign Option to toggle votes to private or public?
    Public votes would display the voters name.

Blog Entries
    Would their be anything in the DOE Alignment Graph that you could use?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I was thinking about something that worked like vote but was more like /readycheck and had a checkbox+user's name list and the players can only click their name-check. To make it easier to see who was actually there and who wasn't.

I chronically don't really know who is actually there w/o asking over discord.

Creating a popup wouldn't be to bad, I just liked the chat window version with /vote.

Thanks, I'll see what I can come up with.
    So, I've been poking around at this and have a question. How does the host force all connected users to Interface.openWindow()?

For the dice/manual roll it's more the user initiated it because they click the option that requires a dice roll and it flips through code that eventually loads the window. For this, it's a command the DM runs (User.isHost()) and needs it to also load on every user connection.

I've been able to capture logins/outs and store their info in a node so that I can access when I run /readycheck. I did this because it's more elegant and also "drops" a user entry from the readycheck menu if they drop (or adds them if they connect while its up). I've got a simple window popup and show the users with checkboxes. I just need to be able to force the user's version and I'll make sure all the checks are read only except for their own.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    When the PC is keyboard inactive for a period of time they get zzzs on their portrait. Is that not working for you?
    You mean as a "they are here and ready"? Not really.

Mostly I want to do this for after a break. We have a 10 minute break and I run a check and I can immediately tell who is there and ready.

The only time I can think of something that actually does this already is... when you share a map it forces the client side to load the map window. So the option is there it just might not be exposed for rulesets. If it turns out not, that's ok. I've had a good learning experience sorting out login/connections and it's given me some ideas on how to deal with some initiative issues (specifically for games that roll initiative every round and you're not sure whom you are waiting for to roll).
    ---

Thread Information