DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 13 First ... 45678 ... Last

Thread: Effects Lists

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yes, although I was hoping the logic would exist in fantasygrounds for it to just pick the higher number as per the rules. This way, if one bonus outpaced the other, it would automatically switch over.
    Do you want it to auto-generate your character from your thoughts too?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

seriously though, that is a future part of the plan, which is why skill bonuses were broken out like they are...(that may not be the final solution). It just takes a lot of time to implement a lot of those types of automation changes (and we get arguments from others in the community that don't want that kind of automation, so which way should we go?) as well as implement major changes for things like AA3, COM, etc.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I was hoping it might be in the cards eventually. I love that the skills tab breaks it out like it does, much easier to keep track of complex systems that way.

I'm totally new to FGU, so forgive the question if it seems simple to veterans, but how to you use these? FGU isn't exactly the easiest UI to learn from scratch, but I'm getting there!

I imported the files as users and I see all the created skills/feats/weapon crits/etc in the spells tab, but how do I actually use them during a session?

I'm going to use the various class xmls as templates for my players, so I get that part. How do the weapon crit effects get applied and how do I copy them to each user? Do I have to re-write anything for my players?

Drag and drop the spells it into the spell section (it won't work on the actions tab) on the PC sheet (make sure you set up a spellclass first).

My group and I do all our coding effects for class abilities in the Actions tab. now that they have coded that tab to recognize class abilities, it is so much easier than it was before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats super interesting, Bloodright. Do you have these available for other classes?

Quote Originally Posted by JustMark View Post
    Thats super interesting, Bloodright. Do you have these available for other classes?
    I do, i make them as needed while we go through our campaign.

currently my group consists of a Mystic, Envoy, Vanguard, Mechanic (Prototype weapon), and an Operative (Ghost)

envoy actions.png

vangaurd with feats.png

mechanic tricks.png

mystic actions.png
    Last edited by Bloodright; April 29th, 2020 at 05:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    I do, i make them as needed while we go through our campaign.

currently my group consists of a Mystic, Envoy, Vanguard, Mechanic (Prototype weapon), and an Operative (Ghost)

envoy actions.png

vangaurd with feats.png

mechanic tricks.png

mystic actions.png
    Thanks for posting this. It is very helpful.

I'm using FGU, and am unable to configure the actions panel as you have. For the Operatives edge, for example, I can create the ability class, but am unable to add the effects as you have. Here is an image of where I'm at - the magnifying glass beside "Combat Maneuver" does absolutely nothing. What am I missing?

fg5.png

I would assume it's the same as FGC:

Right click (on CM) - Add Spell Action - Add Effect

Thread Information