DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213

Thread: Effects Lists

Hii, i'm new here and i just couldn't figure out how to use these effect xml files.
    Help?

This might be of interest to you. It's those effects in a module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Effect-Spells

In regards to using them, how deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

While this video is for classic and the 5e ruleset, the basic principles apply:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKl4sROFq8

This is the FGU wiki on the subject:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ence+-+Effects

In addition to this forum and FG's discord server, there is an organization named Fantasy Grounds Academy that does a lot to help new players.

Quote Originally Posted by GabhellXVX View Post
    Hii, i'm new here and i just couldn't figure out how to use these effect xml files.
    Help?
    You would import them as PCs (Character selection Window - Import - Import from filesystem). After that you could drag and drop it over to other PC sheets.

As Thelgor suggested, the linked module is another option.

Edit: There is also the new updated wiki page.

Looks like there is a dedicated page now for Starfinder Effects in the wiki, https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...vanced+Effects.

Can more be added to it? For other classes.
    If someone could double-check if the below, for Biohacker, is accurate?
    I could work on more if it's helpful.

(edit: Updating with Evo's comments)
    Biohacker Abilities
    Power[Source] Effect Code Duratin/Target/Expend Notes
    Minor Inhibitor (Attack Roll) Minor Inhibitor (Attack Roll); ATK: -1 Duration= INT + 3 Fixed rounds Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Basic Booster (Armor Class) Basic Booster (Armor Class); AC: 1 enchancement Duration= INT rounds Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Basic Booster (Skill Checks) Basic Booster (Skill Checks); SKILL:2 enhancement Duraction= INT rounds Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Basic Booster (Speed) Basic Booster (Speed); SPEED: 10 enhancement Duration= INT rounds Informational; Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Basic Inhibitor (Armor Class) Basic Inhibitor (Armor Class); AC: -2 Duration= INT + 3 Fixed rounds Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Basic Inhibitor (Resistance) Basic Inhibitor (Acid reduction); Duration= INT + 3 Fixed rounds Informational; Create multiple effects changing damage types (acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic); Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Basic Inhibitor (Damage Reduction) Basic Inhibitor (Damage Reduction); Duration= INT + 3 Fixed rounds Informational; Choose between INT/WIS for duration based on Studious/Instinctive
    Last edited by cyblix; November 25th, 2022 at 17:28.

Basic Booster (Armor Class); AC: 1 -> Basic Booster (Armor Class); AC: 1 enhancement
    Basic Booster (Skill Checks); SKILL:2, any, enhancement -> Basic Booster (Skill Checks); SKILL: 2 enhancement
    Basic Booster (Speed); SPEED: 10 -> Basic Booster (Speed); SPEED: 10 enhancement
    Basic Inhibitor (Acid reduction); VULN:5, acid ~ doesn't work and there is no effect that can make it work!
    Basic Inhibitor (Damage Reduction); VULN: 5, bludgeoning;VULN: 5, piercing; VULN: 5, slashing ~ doesn't work and there is no effect that can make it work!

All of these can also have WIS instead of INT.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thanks Evolivolution!
    I wasn't sure on SKILL assuming all since some lines above specifically called out all. Updated.
    Changed reductions to informational.

IMMUNE | (-) | [damage type], all | (T), Immune to damage type. Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor.
    vs.
    SKILL | (D) | [bonus], [skill], [ability] | Skill checks

Hey the link you provided for finding information on importing these effects appears broken

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceferret42 View Post
    Hey the link you provided for finding information on importing these effects appears broken
    If you are referring to Trenloe's posting on page 1, there's been some modifications made to the wiki since he posted that link. I could not find a corresponding page so the information may be have been moved to other pages or just deleted.

However, to import the files:

Save the XML files to a folder on your machine. Start FGU and create or load a Starfinder campaign. On the right side of the screen, expand the Player category and click on Characters. On the bottom right of the Characters GUI, you should see 3 little symbols. Click on the down arrow symbol to Import Character. This will change the Characters GUI to the Import Character GUI. In the Import Character GUI, you should see two symbols at the bottom right. Click the down arrow symbol to Import Character File. Then select the XML file you saved earlier to your local folder and click Open.

Thread Information