FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

Thread: Effects Lists

Why would you get yelled at? Effects are the same.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but have the effects on the .xml's been updated for Unity or are no updates required; use as-is?
    My understanding is that available Effects are based on the ruleset coding. Other than essential code maintenance and additions required to sell new Paizo Starfinder products, the Starfinder ruleset is mostly frozen at its current state. There is also a major FG update that @Moonwizard just announced that is also preventing rulesets from updating until after these new changes are released. SW also does not have a dedicated employee developer for the SFRPG ruleset currently. @Superteddy57 is doing his best to keep everything functioning here until someone is hired to work on SFRPG ruleset improvements full time. If anyone feels I have gotten something wrong, please comment and correct my explanation.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Not sure if this was talked before. I re-downloaded the effects the other day, and while creating an envoy I found the Inspiring Boost was not coded. I edited it as a heal effect, Type SP, 2xCL+Cha and it seems to be working fine!

I noticed that the Feat "Dive for Cover" is not in the posted "Feats, Items, Weapon Crits" XML.
    How would I encode that effect? It seems to be written like a 5E "advantage" dieroll (i.e. take the better of two dierolls)

Would something like this work?
    Dive for Cover; ADVSAV: reflex

Thank you
    Last edited by San Holo; June 12th, 2021 at 05:27.

Quote Originally Posted by San Holo View Post
    I noticed that the Feat "Dive for Cover" is not in the posted "Feats, Items, Weapon Crits" XML.
    How would I encode that effect? It seems to be written like a 5E "advantage" dieroll (i.e. take the better of two dierolls)

Would something like this work?
    Dive for Cover; ADVSAV: reflex

Thank you
    The Starfinder ruleset doesn't support advantage in effects, so you do what it says manually: roll that Reflex save twice (taking the better result of the two).
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Oh that's very unfortunate, but thank you for clarifying that effect.

The Vulnerability effect and how to use it with an NPC

If you are a GM and you drag an NPC with a vulnerability to the Combat Tracker the vulnerability effect will fail to transfer to the Combat Tracker. This caused by the ruleset not properly parsing the NPC sheet. How do you fix this problem? You need to look at a NPC such as the Assembly Ooze, there is a category named Weaknesses and this is where Vulnerability will be listed. In order to fix this problem you should open the NPC and unlock it's sheet. If the sheet is unlockable then you must drag and drop the NPC within the NPC window. This will create a unlocked duplicate of the original locked NPC sheet.

Once the NPC sheet is open you will need to add it to the Defensive Abil. category which currently has this entry "Immunities ooze immunities; SR 0". Because there are already defenses listed you will need to add the following without the quotes, add a ";" and a "space" followed by "Weaknesses Vulnerable to electricity". Here is how you Defensive Abil. entry will look. "Immunities ooze immunities; SR 0; Weaknesses Vulnerable to electricity". I would also delete the text in the Weaknesses category. You can lock the NPC sheet now. Now drag the NPC link to the Combat Tracker and you should see "VULN: electricity" listed in the NPC effects.

What if you have an NPC with two Vulnerabilities such as the Maintenance Robots from Dark Suns AP5. The Defenses Abil. entry is "nanite repair; Immunities construct immunities, Weaknesses vulnerable to electricity, vulnerable to critical hits"
    Last edited by Ulric; July 8th, 2021 at 01:01. Reason: bug fixed
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I can agree on the Weaknesses section of the NPC sheet. It failed to work properly for a long time.

I do not agree on the vulnerable to critical hits part. Superteddy and I recently worked hard to make that part work and it should be calculating properly. If this is not the case pls hit me up on discord so we can talk about it (ID is below).
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    I can agree on the Weaknesses section of the NPC sheet. It failed to work properly for a long time.

I do not agree on the vulnerable to critical hits part. Superteddy and I recently worked hard to make that part work and it should be calculating properly. If this is not the case pls hit me up on discord so we can talk about it (ID is below).
    I sent you a discord message.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

With the Forge released, I was thinking this would be great on there. It would be easy to update and a great resource to direct people towards.
    I don't know if Blahness is still around, but maybe someone could pick up where we stand right now? I could do it I just don't want to go ahead to steal the work Blahness has alread putten into this.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thread Information