Starfinder Playlist
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last

Thread: Effects Lists

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    I would assume it's the same as FGC:

Right click (on CM) - Add Spell Action - Add Effect
    Thanks.

On FGU it was Add Action Ability > Add Cast.

It would be nice if FGU had some way to show you screen elements that have right-click actions.

Appreciate your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMark View Post
    Thanks.

On FGU it was Add Action Ability > Add Cast.

It would be nice if FGU had some way to show you screen elements that have right-click actions.

Appreciate your assistance.
    I also drag abilities onto the section so the player can read the description of the class ability from the action tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    My group and I do all our coding effects for class abilities in the Actions tab. now that they have coded that tab to recognize class abilities, it is so much easier than it was before.
    Hi,

For your Operative's Trick Attack, it shows (AB) + 19.

Thats Ability+19 ... not following the logic. Can you explain?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustMark View Post
    Hi,

For your Operative's Trick Attack, it shows (AB) + 19.

Thats Ability+19 ... not following the logic. Can you explain?

Thanks
    would be happy to.. in fact, i realized that i didn't include all the coding for that..

trick attack coding.png

skill list ghost.png

make sure you click the magnifying glass next to the attack line.

set up the ATTACK portion to their skill that they utilize for the Trick attack and the DEFENSE / DC check to 20 +CR.
    Last edited by Bloodright; April 30th, 2020 at 17:20.

Think i am going to sit down this weekend and see if i can make all the action coding for a class. will need to see if i can make it into a module and share with the group.

Bloodright - that would be fantastic.

I'm relatively new to FG - picked it up when I heard about the Unity version last fall. There is a lot built into FG, but there is also a lot of frustration with the UI (imo). Your screenshots have helped me get more configuration of my team into FG as just being pointed towards the Effects Wiki was only partially helpful. Your content really needs to be added to the Wiki!

the wiki i use for coding effects is from the Pathfinder ruleset, since the original coder for SF pulled everything from the Pathfinder ruleset(I Believe). Just about every single one works perfectly with SF.

i will have to do a bit of research, and see how much each class differs from each other with the abilities. if i can figure out how to link a coding effect to an ability, that would be ideal. then the player or DM would just need to drag the ability to the action tab, some of these abilities already do this.. so try putting the abilities on the action tab first to see if it is already coded.

Ok. What I was hoping to do won't work. At least to my current knowledge. Putting together a list of skills and their coding might be the current optimal way to share the effect. Going to look at making a Google sheet and make a database of coding effects fir each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    Ok. What I was hoping to do won't work. At least to my current knowledge. Putting together a list of skills and their coding might be the current optimal way to share the effect. Going to look at making a Google sheet and make a database of coding effects fir each class.
    I've been trying to create a sheet too! I would like to contribute to the project.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I've been trying to create a sheet too! I would like to contribute to the project.
    I am currently traveling, but when I get back home Wednesday or Friday (traveling for work) I will look at putting something together this weekend and put up a Public Google sheet.

Thread Information