DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: First Contact

First Contact

Does anyone know if First Contact will be released for Fantasy Grounds? I've heard it is a really good way to introduce players to the system.

It's actually not a good way to introduce players to the system. It's really a tiny sneak preview that has feats and abilities from the core rulebook, and a few creatures that are in the Alien Archive. It was purely a sneak preview. Now that the main rulesbook and alien archive are available there's really no use for it - all of the info is elsewhere, and it doesn't give quickstart rules or anything like that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Plus it was ready before the system was fully designed.

Hey mfairchild365,

As others have stated "First Contact" isn't really a into to playing the game, but ill go a bit further for you.

A good intro to Starfinder would be "Into the Unknown" . It is a Starfinder Society series of five quests: short adventures designed to take about 1 hour each. (probably a two session quest line)I am converting it now to FG and plan on running it in a week or two . The pdf is free at the Starfinder web site. If you want to run it yourself you can convert it , if you want to play as a beginner in my upcoming game PM me so I can contact you when I have it ready .

https://paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?...to-the-Unknown

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Octavius, if you have converted it, I believe you can post it here if it is like Pathfinder rules because we are allowed to share conversions for any scenario or module that has not been commercially released. Trenloe, what do you think? Is Starfinder grandfathered just like Pathfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Octavius, if you have converted it, I believe you can post it here if it is like Pathfinder rules because we are allowed to share conversions for any scenario or module that has not been commercially released.
    Nope, can't do that anymore. And it was originally only Pathfinder Society products, nothing else. But can't do it anymore.

And, as noted above, there's really not much point doing First Contact, it was just a sneak preview of bits that are in the mainstream products anyway.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, Trenloe. I wasn't certain, and I knew you would know where we are on that.

Trenloe, this is "Free" pdf offered by Paizo .. so even if its for free we cant share it? It wasn't first contact .. It was the into the unknown free 5 part quest line I was converting ..I wasn't planning on sharing it but if I can I might..
    thanx for any reply ..
    Last edited by Octavious; February 17th, 2018 at 21:32.

That's correct. Even if something is offered for free by a publisher, they still retain rights over how the information is distributed. You can't distribute any content without a publisher's permission, even if they offer it for free.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon Wizard .. Im clear on that now.. thanx you for the reply.

Thread Information