DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You should see the discount you get if you own Rise of the Runelords 25th Anniversary edition, INSANE.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Dissonance, I am sorry you feel that way, but the effort to produce the FG versions is significant, and the automation built in is also non-trivial. Your players will not have to make the purchases. You can share your material with them any time they are connected to your game server.

I like to think of it this way: people buy books and read them. They do not expect a discount when they go to the movie of the same material. In this case, at least you get a discount.

I’m actually having a great convo with Mr. Davison via email. I appreciate the allegory as it does make sense. I just thought it would be a 1:1 basis. I totally accept fault for not reading everything

Um, a single campaign is still going to cost ~$130 which is excessive when compared to any and all other Fantasy Grounds product lines.

It is at least 2x more expensive than it should be. I don't care about the core books - they are what they are. But these campaign apples when compared to other campaign apples are....well, horse apples.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Um, a single campaign is still going to cost ~$130 which is excessive when compared to any and all other Fantasy Grounds product lines.

It is at least 2x more expensive than it should be. I don't care about the core books - they are what they are. But these campaign apples when compared to other campaign apples are....well, horse apples.

It depends on what you buy. Rise of the Runelords is a flat $59.99 for a full campaign. If you already owned the PDF, it is only $18 because you get a $42 discount. Like many of our products, you don't need the Bestiary (any of them) for the ones that are currently available.

Topdecker, we will respectfully disagree. This is a very active community who feel that we get a bargain. You are always free to explore your alternatives....

Well, if you've already bought PDFs, it certainly isn't as painful - no arguments there and I am glad that this is in place. I hopped in without any of the materials and thought it was pretty cool that I was getting the PDFs - I almost have never GMed a setting without also owning the PDF or printed version. It simply takes a great deal of reading to gain enough familiarity with the materials so it comes off as it should.

• +1 for additional materials (PDF)
    • +1 for maps (huge, lovely maps)
    • +1 for supporting images (most creatures / NPCs have an associated image)
    • +1 for tokens (most NPCs / creatures have integrated tokens)

If you look at it from a pure work perspective, you are getting a fairly feature complete product that should minimize the amount of work needed to run the campaign. (Typical WotC product is a +2.5 or +3, PEG products being +.5 or a +1.)

Anyhow, it _is_ what I hoped it would be - and then some. The reference materials are really nice. The ruleset isn't as fully automated as it could be, but it is young and thus understandable.

I still don't like the price point for the campaigns, but it is the deluxe way of doing things. So I will back-off. It is a superior product that completely delivers what it promises to bring at a premium price.

Blog Entries
    I still don't like the price point for the campaigns, but it is the deluxe way of doing things. So I will back-off. It is a superior product that completely delivers what it promises to bring at a premium price.
    Hey Topdecker I have only played a very little bit of Pathfinder but Ive got a bunch on the Adventure path books and while they are an expensive adventure compared to many other game systems adventures - they are generally very good and they play for a long time. My feeling is that these would be hot sellers at this price point if they were available on other rulesets (5E) too. Apart from the steeper up front cost for some of these APs I think they represent pretty good value

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey Topdecker I have only played a very little bit of Pathfinder but Ive got a bunch on the Adventure path books and while they are an expensive adventure compared to many other game systems adventures - they are generally very good and they play for a long time.
    I agree, the Pathfinder APs appear to be all of uniformly high production values. However, I have avoided Pathfinder largely due to rules bloat. At over 500 pages, Starfinder isn't exactly sleek, but at least it is all in a single book at the moment.

I don't know about lasting value - more my problem than the materials. I don't tend to re-run campaigns - probably a failing of mine. I am generally as eager to see new stuff as the players . It also has kept me from comparing groups of players to one another - in fact, that is almost a novel idea to me

Blog Entries
    I agree, the Pathfinder APs appear to be all of uniformly high production values. However, I have avoided Pathfinder largely due to rules bloat. At over 500 pages, Starfinder isn't exactly sleek, but at least it is all in a single book at the moment.

I don't know about lasting value - more my problem than the materials. I don't tend to re-run campaigns - probably a failing of mine. I am generally as eager to see new stuff as the players . It also has kept me from comparing groups of players to one another - in fact, that is almost a novel idea to me

Haha. The thught of all those classes and feats scares the bejeezus outta me!
    I also dont tend to re-run stuff (other than one shots) - no time and less fun.

Thread Information