5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    My PCs forced me over to Discord... they thought it more user friendly. I like it o.k.
    Hawk

Blog Entries
    I would have to get syrinscape working with discord, and I am a teamspeak user, so more work for me to switch over, but I guess I can.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Discord... Yeah, so not always the best way to communicate. A few things I'd like to mention about 'it'. Since I started FGC here are some things to keep in mind or use for troubleshooting.
    1. Quite often folks try to plugin USB audio devices while Discord is already active. This causes issues with audio. A user has to make sure their headset is already plugged into their machine prior to firing up Discord, or they must reboot the Discord app session.
    2. Since not everyone is privy to the fact that Discord permissions can require 'Push to Talk' to use the specific rooms or sections setup that way. Sometimes I even forget this fact. This is done to enforce an etiquette to help reduce background noise during a lesson or gaming session. This will be confusing to a new user initially.
    3. Common things such as wireless headsets low on batteries, a server-wide outage, windows/mac audio settings out of place or even muted. Trying to use an old headset that has 'frayed' or broken wires, and the extreme examples are; users not even having their headset plugged in, the jack pulled away from the audio port, incorrect port (Mic vs headphones) used;an inline mute button or volume control setting is active.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thanks for the comments about Discord and Teamspeak - if there are any further comments/discussion please take that to a new thread. I don't want the main announcement/discussion thread for FG Con 12 to devolve into in depth discussions about communication apps. Thanks for your understanding and consideration.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I wasn't able to get into a game last FG Con so super excited to hopefully join a group for April!

We have any AL premiers or Epics in the plans?

I also prefer Teamspeak, and actually have connection issues with Discord every now and then. If it will be strictly Discord, I don't think I will run anything this time. It's not nice when Discord doesn't send what I'm saying, but if I'm the GM, that would be extra annoying.

Edit: sorry I brought Discord/Teamspeak up again, Trenloe. I just failed to notice there's a second page to this thread.
    Last edited by Malkavian_Andi; February 15th, 2018 at 15:23.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Just to be clear, @Trenlo FG Con will run from:
    17:00 NZ time (UTC +13) which translates 04:00 UTC Friday 13 April
    Through
    24:00 HI time (UTC -10) which translates to 10:00 Monday 16 April

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubaDragon View Post
    Through
    That's like 76 hours of gaming goodness!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BubaDragon View Post
    Through
    Correct.

But it is up to the individual GMs when they run their events within these times - you'll find the core is North American times Friday through to Saturday night. For organized play the relevant admins try to get more fixed time slots - so that organized play sessions for a specific RPG system don't overlap, giving players a better chance of maximizing their gaming - but that is up to the relevant admins.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information