DICE PACKS BUNDLE

GM's Battle Map went black

5e

GM's Battle Map went black halfway through a combat; I wound up having to restart the app. Anyone know how to prevent this or recover short of kicking everyone off the server by restarting?

I tried closing and opening the map to no avail.

Also, one of my players couldn't see some of the tokens, just highlighted squares. Any idea how to resolve that?
    Last edited by Gix; February 5th, 2018 at 16:56.

Blog Entries
    Hello Gix,

If you start seeing problems with image sharing, it is possibly from having too many already shared and memory issues resulting from that. Have your GM double check their Images & Maps section for shared images. You can toggle it to show All or Shared images on the bottom right of the screen. Unshare any maps and images that are no longer needed by the players and this should reduce the load on players when they log back in.

-Doug

Are you using any extensions? How much memory is FG using whilst the campaign is running both the DM and the players.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 5th, 2018 at 17:02.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am the GM. Not sharing a ton of images. I'd say under 15 images, none of them monsters. I'll look into memory usage later

You also should try turning on Linux/Mac Compatibility Mode in the FG Settings. Depending on your graphics card/driver, the Wine skin wrapper can sometimes not redraw stuff that should be redrawn on Linux/Mac machines. This compatibility flag forces a full redraw on any screen updates to overcome this compatibility issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information