5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Not quite sure what you're asking here. I you are talking about Manual Dice Rolling that can then be entered into FG, then that's functionality that exists in the CoreRPG and so is also avalible in DORCore, MoreCore and all the other Rulesets that are based on CoreRPG. If you are talking about something else, then I'll need some further clarification, please.
    So this is what I was talking about. In this example there is no diecode associated because it is just information. But you can create die rolls with that too and then drop the links on things. Something like this may exist already in DORCore (or CoreRPG for that matter) and I am just unaware of it.

Rolls Example.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    So this is what I was talking about. In this example there is no diecode associated because it is just information. But you can create die rolls with that too and then drop the links on things. Something like this may exist already in DORCore (or CoreRPG for that matter) and I am just unaware of it.

Rolls Example.jpg
    At the moment, no. Whether it'll go in or not is a decision that has yet to be made.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi All,

A new version of the DORCore (v0.9.4) has just been placed on Post #1. This version adds some graphic buttons/control to invoke Kept Dice and Degree Of Success / Raises.

As always, if people spot any issues/bugs and/or have any suggestions, please post here.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Absolutely outstanding work you've done here. I just downloaded the most recent copy, and can see it shaping up to be a solid foundation for any future ruleset if you continue in this direction (at least from my humble opinion). The idea to integrate your plugins into one suite was perhaps one of the easiest methods I can think of supporting and distributing them on the whole, and want to thank you for that.

Do you have any goals for your Universal Dice Roller? Will it be developing from here, or support Roll20-esque syntax to potentially attract more users over to FG?
    Reference Material for Roll20 Dice

You've done some outstanding work here! Keep up the great work. If I run into a bug I'll happily place it up here.
    Thank you again for all of your contributions.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums Gallant

That's a nice reference too.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, welcome! I agree he's done great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallant View Post
    Absolutely outstanding work you've done here. I just downloaded the most recent copy, and can see it shaping up to be a solid foundation for any future ruleset if you continue in this direction (at least from my humble opinion). The idea to integrate your plugins into one suite was perhaps one of the easiest methods I can think of supporting and distributing them on the whole, and want to thank you for that.

Do you have any goals for your Universal Dice Roller? Will it be developing from here, or support Roll20-esque syntax to potentially attract more users over to FG?
    Reference Material for Roll20 Dice

You've done some outstanding work here! Keep up the great work. If I run into a bug I'll happily place it up here.
    Thank you again for all of your contributions.
    Thanks for that - and thanks for the link.

I might actually change some of the die code flags (ie from "t" for target number to ">" and "<" - makes more intuitive sense - I don't know why I didn't think of that in the 1st place).

For the record (& not having gne through the relevant wiki page in detail, but only skimmed it) I beleive that just about all of those rolls can be handled by the UDR now - one or two are missing, and the die-code syntax is different, but the mechanic should be there already (for most of them).

I need to do some more in-depth reading when I've got some spare time.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Ok, how do you tell it to roll a group of dice vs a difficulty number and count the number of successes as well as exploding on highest?

so roll 5d10 vs an 8 difficulty and explode on 10-> 5, 3, 8, 10, 4, 9 (from the 10 explode) -> 3 successes.

Also, is ther a way to subtract successes for dice that roll < a target number.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ View Post
    Ok, how do you tell it to roll a group of dice vs a difficulty number and count the number of successes as well as exploding on highest?

so roll 5d10 vs an 8 difficulty and explode on 10-> 5, 3, 8, 10, 4, 9 (from the 10 explode) -> 3 successes.

Also, is ther a way to subtract successes for dice that roll < a target number.
    /die 5d10!t8s

No, it can't subtract successes - yet - but if you can give me a detailed explaination with a couple of examples I can code it to do it.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    /die 5d10!t8s

No, it can't subtract successes - yet - but if you can give me a detailed explaination with a couple of examples I can code it to do it.
    Well that shouldn't be too hard: The basic process is the same as the roll AdN vs. a specific difficulty, lets say like the roll you detail above. The one difference is that after you calculate successes, you then count up the number of dice that rolled a 1 and subtract one success for each. if you end up with 0 successes then you fail, a negative number of successes is a botch (something bad happens). so for example on the 5d10 roll above if you got: 1, 5 7 8 , 2 -> 1 success (for the 8) -> -1 success (for the 1) = failed roll. If fir example you rolled 1,5,8,1,3, then that is 1 success - 2 successes becomes a botch. Fiinally; if you rolled 4, 1, 8, 2, 10, 4(explosion) you have 2 successes - 1 success = 1 success.

Thread Information