DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    So let me see if I understand this, which I'm tired so that's no guarantee.

You will soon stop supporting a group of extensions that GMs could get and use for their campaigns, and then only support a ruleset that GMs have to find a developer to implement in an extension for the specific ruleset they wish to use your DOE features in? Doesn't this drastically limit who can use the DOE features in their campaigns? I mean, currently the only thing a GM needs is a handful of modules. Are you going to provide a version of each default ruleset merged with this?
    No, it means that I'll soon stop supporting (for FREE) a group of (FREE) Extensions for those Community Rulesets that are not available via the FG Updater, which means that if a Dev of a Community Ruleset wants the users of their Ruleset to have access to the functionality of the DOEs they can base their Community Ruleset off of this Ruleset instead of "everyone" asking me to do all the work and make the DOEs work with their creation, and then me having to do all the support when something changes. It's shifting some of the the work from my single shoulders to the shared, collective shoulders of the Community Devs who would like the users of their Ruleset to have access to this functionality (and more).

As I said, the "'Standard' FG Rulesets (ie those available via the FG Updater) will not be affected." This means CoreRPG, 3E, 4E, 5E, 13th Age, CoC, CoC7, CnC, SW, Fate, d20 Modern, & PF (I think that's all of them).

Of course, some people may not think this is fair, in which case I just might throw a wobbly and withdraw all the DOEs, this Ruleset and everything else I've ever done for this Community FOR FREE (while still retaining my copyright to ALL of it), because the level of "entitlement" that has been growing over the last couple of months around here is starting to get on my nerves! (Yes, I'll take my bat and ball and go home!)

On the other hand, it's late and I'm tired (not to mention somewhat ill) so I might just be a little bit more tetchy than normal - I think it might be time for bed.
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 3rd, 2018 at 00:59.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Dulux-Oz,

Well said, operative word 'entitlement'.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Another thing I just found...

If you're in the Library (with Professor Plum?), and you select ALL, things are grand.

However, if you select 'GM', then you lose the 'Vehicles' ribbon icon.

Dave
    Last edited by dberkompas; February 2nd, 2018 at 17:12. Reason: Didn't like that I used Mrs. Pea****.

Hang in there Dulux! We value what you do and appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    Another thing I just found...

If you're in the Library (with Professor Plum?), and you select ALL, things are grand.

However, if you select 'GM', then you lose the 'Vehicles' ribbon icon.

Dave
    You can select GM and then tick and untick any additional icons for your specific needs.

Werd Up.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    @Nick,

Your more appropriate response would be, "WOW! Thanks, this is amazing."

Dave
    A change that drastically reduces the number of people that can benefit from something is not what I would call amazing. And I'd never compliment a change before I understood what was being changed. So, no, it wouldn't.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    No, it means that I'll soon stop supporting (for FREE) a group of (FREE) Extensions for those Community Rulesets that are not available via the FG Updater, which means that if a Dev of a Community Ruleset wants the users of their Ruleset to have access to the functionality of the DOEs they can base their Community Ruleset off of this Ruleset instead of "everyone" asking me to do all the work and make the DOEs work with their creation, and then me having to do all the support when something changes. It's shifting some of the the work from my single shoulders to the shared, collective shoulders of the Community Devs who would like the users of their Ruleset to have access to this functionality (and more).
    This makes sense. I didn't know so many people were asking you to modify your content for compatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    As I said, the "'Standard' FG Rulesets (ie those available via the FG Updater) will not be affected." This means CoreRPG, 3E, 4E, 5E, 13th Age, CoC, CoC7, CnC, SW, Fate, d20 Modern, & PF (I think that's all of them).
    When you say 'will not be affected', do you mean that the DOE's will still work on them and be updated, or that the ruleset will be unable to used with them leaving anyone using these ruleset out of luck if they wish to continue using DOE features?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    When you say 'will not be affected', do you mean that the DOE's will still work on them and be updated, or that the ruleset will be unable to used with them leaving anyone using these ruleset out of luck if they wish to continue using DOE features?
    Per;
    Means, to me, that Dulux will continue to support the DOEs for these "standard" rulesets. But, rather than him having to support every other ruleset in his extensions, he's created a ruleset that others can port to be dependent to DORCore so that he (Dulux) doesn't have to support his extension with each ruleset, but rather each community ruleset can "support themselves" per se.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Stroke of genius

Thread Information