STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extension: 5E Enhanced Forge

Hello!
    Lately I was trying to use the 5E magic item forge to easily create an easy to use material system.
    I decided to enhance the item forge functions to use all the options present in the item templates.

How to use:

- Cost: strings accepted: "+x", "-x", "*x", "x gp", "x - y gp". "*x" is a multiplicative value that adjusts the value of the base item (if present). After that the values written as "+x", "-x", "x gp" and "x - y gp" are added or subtracted. If a range "x - y gp" is presented, the value added will be chosen randomly in the interval. The gp notations are added to keep compatibility to official item templates.
    - Damage (weapons): damage in weapon templates didn't do anything before. Now you can add positive or negative die rolls and they will be added to the dice pool of the crafted weapon, mantaining the base die rolls of the base weapon. If a damage type is specified in the template, it overwrites the base damage type (I don't think there's a way to automatically add two different damage types to a weapon, e.g. "1d6 slashing +1d4 fire"). The damage types recognized are the official ones.
    - DexBonus (armors): adds modifiers. Strings accepted: "Yes", "No", "+1", "+2", "-1", "-2". No removes the DexBonus, Yes forces it. "+x" and "-x" chose the next (or second next) choice in the scale "-, Yes (Max 2), Yes (Max 3), Yes". I chose this scale since I think these are the only values implemented in FG.
    - Stealth (armors): strings accepted: "", "-", "Disadvantage", "Remove disadvantage". The last one is the only one that forces no disadvantage on the crafted item.
    - Strength (armors): the strength modifier was ignored in the item forge. Now you can modify them. String accepted: "+x", "-x", "Remove requirement", "Str x". If the str requirement is present, "+x" and "-x" can be used to add or subtract x to the value. "Str x" is compared to the previous value and the higher requirement is kept. "Remove requirement" removes the str requirement. If the base item doesn't have a requirement, "Str x" sets the requirement to x, "+x" adds a requirement, starting at Str 12 with "+1". This was a subjective choice and can be discussed :P
    - Weight: the weight in the item template is now summed to the new item weight. This is used to simulate the act of adding pieces to the item (e.g. add a magic stone to a shortsword, add some spikes to a shield, etc.).
    - Weight %: strings accepted: "x%". This is used to modify the weight of the base item. This is used to simulate the forging of an item with another material (e.g. a lightweight material makes the item 50% of the original weight). This is calculated before adding the Weight modifiers of the template. If multiple templates with this are added, the final Weight % will be the mean.

The rest of the values are kept as they were in the original item forge.

Screenshots (1.0): weapon crafting
    Enhanced Forge weapon.png
    Screenshots (1.0): armor crafting
    Enhanced Forge armor.png

As usual I created this to use it in my campaigns and I think I found and resolved most bugs but I'm open to suggestions and if you use it and find some errors, please tell me and I'll patch them.

UPDATE 1.1:
    Changed cost handling.
    Added compatibility to mixing the official template costs with new multiplicative cost.
    Changed weight handling (sum instead of multiplication). Added percent Weight field on templates.

Known issues/things that bug me:
    -The cost handling could still be adjusted. As of now it assumes all costs are based on gp, so if the base cost is 1 sp, it will be considered 1 gp. Since almost everything uses gp as a base, it's not really high on my todo list.
    -When creating weapons with templates with negative damage (like in the screenshot) you will end up with something like "+-2". Yeah, it's ugly but it still works I'll probably try to change it soon: it bugs me too much!
    -I don't think you can create automatically a weapon with two damage types (like 1d6 slashing + 1d4 fire). I know you can add them manually in the actions tab, but it's not the same thing . Maybe I could add them as weapon effects supported by the "Advanced Effects" extension, if the author of the extension agrees. I tried and failed, so I'll probably need some help
    -DexBonus scale is really small, but I think the values I used are the only ones currently implemented in 5E ruleset. I might expand them in the future.
    -The explanations I wrote in this page are terrible! I hope they're understandable!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Claneidosyan; February 3rd, 2018 at 14:25. Reason: update 1.1

Well done
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you! I just updated the main post to a new version.
    It mainly deals with cost and weight management.

If at first I created this to simulate the creation of an item with another material, now it can be used to add parts to items. These could be additional layer of protections on armors, spikes on shields, sharpened blades on weapons and similar things. It could be used to craft weapons using monster parts.
    Hope it can be useful to someone

Great work, Claneidosyan! This is a such a massive help in creating regional precision tooling on weapons, and even with a quick magic item gen!

Deleting dupe
    Last edited by aburnstorm; October 16th, 2018 at 20:59. Reason: Dupe

Thank you! My work is still not finished here:
    I wanted to add more features, to polish the existing ones and to add a module with some premade materials/parts.

Sadly I had to move to another town and I'm still in the process to adapt to the changes!
    I'll be back to working on this soon, I hope!

If you notice some bugs or if you have some suggestions, please tell me and I'll see what I can do!

Blog Entries
    Nice work.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

[4/12/2020 12:14:32 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/12/2020 12:14:32 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (5E_Enhanced_Forge.ext.): '0' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '?>'. Line 1, position 20.

The extension.xml file starts with this:

<?xml version="1.0"0 encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    when it should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    It looks like it has something to do with compression. Changing the extension to .zip, unzipping, and inspecting the file causes this not to display. However, re-zipping this causes the issue to present itself again. I'm doing this on a Mac, if that makes any difference.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This extension was written to work on FGC. No guarantee that it will also work in Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hello! I was wondering if this extension was being maintained and if there were plans to port it to FGU?
    I was messing with it to classic and really appreciate the functionality added by this extension
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Thread Information