DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 61 of 110 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by shartahl View Post
    Some updates that went through seems to have lightened the memory load a bit.

Using a new campaign as a baseline:

Starfinder Core: 1656MB (almost 600MB reduction)
    Starfinder Armory: 600MB
    Pact Worlds: 240MB
    Alien Archive (players): 262MB

I have able to have all four of those open, plus the player resource for an adventure path and be at 3066MB, which give more wiggle room for sharing images and such.
    Stll got more to come in reguards to memory issue.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

will there be announcement made once this is tweaked and ready to update?

we have gm with most of the mods and i wanted to know what players should do on their side: anything? flush cache to download updated optimized files? whut?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    will there be announcement made once this is tweaked and ready to update?

we have gm with most of the mods and i wanted to know what players should do on their side: anything? flush cache to download updated optimized files? whut?
    Yes they should flush and update.
    The current Live update for the Core Rules Book did some image optimizing.
    - This reduced the clients memory a little but not to a desired level.

We have the Starfinder Core Rules (Players) version on the test server and are verifying.
    This gives the player a module that looks the same as the GM except the images don't have links so they are only viewable inside the reference manual. They also do not have all the images in the Sidebar Images window. If the player really wants to see a larger image of a item or something the GM can share the image from is image list.
    from what I seen this was the biggest contributor to the memory usage.

If all goes well it should go out with are next weekly update
    - With this additional update, the GM will have the standard module with all images with links to open the larger size image. These all also show in the Images window from the sidebar.
    (Pretty much not much change other than some file optimizing.)
    -The GM will share the Starfinder Core Rules (Players) version.
    With this my test I had the following loaded and open as a client.
    [Starfinder Core Rules Book (Players), Armory, Pact Worlds Players, Alien Archive Players, Deadsun's Part 2 Temple of the Twelve Players Resourses.]
    My testing here and had a couple players connect to me an do the same, the clients memory came in 1975MB - 2020 MB. this is way down from the reported close to 3000 MB with just the Core Rules and Armory open.

So again it is in testing and if all goes well it will push out with next weekly.

If anything goes wrong with test I will inform you all of the status.

Thank you all for your patience with this.
    RJC
    Last edited by Samarex; November 15th, 2018 at 23:34.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

It seems an old error has snuck back into the program. Me and all my players get an error message whenever they create a new inventory item in their inventories. I remember this happening a while ago and having been fixed.

starfinder-console.png

Quote Originally Posted by Calirae View Post
    It seems an old error has snuck back into the program. Me and all my players get an error message whenever they create a new inventory item in their inventories. I remember this happening a while ago and having been fixed.

starfinder-console.png
    I have pushed the fix, Hope to make this weeks update.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Hello,

Ive just bought the starfinder core. when i go to create a game i dont seem to have the official theme as an extension, can anyone help?
    Last edited by Davido1000; November 21st, 2018 at 17:47.

There is no separate theme extension for Starfinder. The theme that comes with the ruleset (game system framework) is the official theme.

Regards,
    JPG

ah thank you, sorry first time using FG

Well then Welcome
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Worked like a charm!! awesome job!

Clear cache and had the player client load Dead Suns Player module for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, Pact World Players, Alien Archive Players, Core Rules Players, and Armory. Sitting at 2062 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Yes they should flush and update.
    The current Live update for the Core Rules Book did some image optimizing.
    - This reduced the clients memory a little but not to a desired level.

We have the Starfinder Core Rules (Players) version on the test server and are verifying.
    This gives the player a module that looks the same as the GM except the images don't have links so they are only viewable inside the reference manual. They also do not have all the images in the Sidebar Images window. If the player really wants to see a larger image of a item or something the GM can share the image from is image list.
    from what I seen this was the biggest contributor to the memory usage.

If all goes well it should go out with are next weekly update
    - With this additional update, the GM will have the standard module with all images with links to open the larger size image. These all also show in the Images window from the sidebar.
    (Pretty much not much change other than some file optimizing.)
    -The GM will share the Starfinder Core Rules (Players) version.
    With this my test I had the following loaded and open as a client.
    [Starfinder Core Rules Book (Players), Armory, Pact Worlds Players, Alien Archive Players, Deadsun's Part 2 Temple of the Twelve Players Resourses.]
    My testing here and had a couple players connect to me an do the same, the clients memory came in 1975MB - 2020 MB. this is way down from the reported close to 3000 MB with just the Core Rules and Armory open.

So again it is in testing and if all goes well it will push out with next weekly.

If anything goes wrong with test I will inform you all of the status.

Thank you all for your patience with this.
    RJC

Thread Information