FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 53 of 110 First ... 343515253545563103 ... Last
    One of the last updates "broke" the combat tracker in an inconvenient way.

Please see attached screenshot for easier explanation
    Broken Combat Tracker.jpg

Basically what happens is this:
    Whenever the GM clicks on one of the Icons next to an NPC or a PC to bring up the corresponding stats, be it Offense, Defense, Effects, Targeting etc., instead of separating the different fields, the top row overlays with everything else.
    If you e.g. want the offense of your npc as well as the targeting, you're out of luck because since targeting only has exactly one row, it gets overlayed entirely with the offense section. This means you cannot drag the targeting icon onto anything, because you will now grab the "Speed"-text of the creature instead.

As you can also see in the screenshot it actually leaves the empty rows where the top rows of the sections are supposed to end up (marked with the stylish red arrows) but they don't end up there anymore.

The only way to currently fix it is to only ever have one section open at a time, this is very inconvenient and annoying.

Edit: I forgot to mention: This happens no matter which theme is used. Default theme is just as affected as "Simple Brown" or "Simple Grey".

Temporary Hitpoints are not working as intended in Starfinder.

Add temporary HP to a PC that has stamina, damage them.
    -> The damage gets applied directly to stamina, which is wrong.

Correct: Damage needs to be dealt to temporary Hitpoints first, then to stamina, then to HP.

Core Rulebook pg. 251:
    TEMPORARY HIT POINTS
    Certain effects, such as force fields, give you temporary Hit Points. These Hit Points are in addition to your current Hit Points and Stamina Points, and any damage you take is subtracted from your temporary Hit Points first. Any damage in excess of these temporary HP reduces your Stamina Points (and then your actual Hit Points) as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Curaidh View Post

Correct: Damage needs to be dealt to temporary Hitpoints first, then to stamina, then to HP.

Core Rulebook pg. 251:
    TEMPORARY HIT POINTS
    Certain effects, such as force fields, give you temporary Hit Points. These Hit Points are in addition to your current Hit Points and Stamina Points, and any damage you take is subtracted from your temporary Hit Points first. Any damage in excess of these temporary HP reduces your Stamina Points (and then your actual Hit Points) as normal.
    I noticed that last night when I was doing some effects coding.
    I will look into it and see what has changed to make that happen. it use to be
    Temp HP ,Stamina, HP

Will have to find why they switched.

I am also looking to see why the combat tracker is acting that way it seems to be in the Updates to 3.3.6 I need to update something in the SFRPG to make it compatible.

I am working on this and will get a fix out asap
    Last edited by Samarex; August 4th, 2018 at 01:19.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

One of the last updates "broke" the combat tracker in an inconvenient way.

Please see attached screenshot for easier explanation
    Broken Combat Tracker.jpg

Basically what happens is this:
    Whenever the GM clicks on one of the Icons next to an NPC or a PC to bring up the corresponding stats, be it Offense, Defense, Effects, Targeting etc., instead of separating the different fields, the top row overlays with everything else.
    If you e.g. want the offense of your npc as well as the targeting, you're out of luck because since targeting only has exactly one row, it gets overlayed entirely with the offense section. This means you cannot drag the targeting icon onto anything, because you will now grab the "Speed"-text of the creature instead.

As you can also see in the screenshot it actually leaves the empty rows where the top rows of the sections are supposed to end up (marked with the stylish red arrows) but they don't end up there anymore.

The only way to currently fix it is to only ever have one section open at a time, this is very inconvenient and annoying.

Edit: I forgot to mention: This happens no matter which theme is used. Default theme is just as affected as "Simple Brown" or "Simple Grey".
    UPDATE
    Found the issue, I am working on a fix with the CT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Core Rulebook pg. 251:
    TEMPORARY HIT POINTS
    Ok got the Combat tracker fixed along with the ID system for NPCs, I forgot about the temp HP going out if order, I will fix that too
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Ok got the Combat tracker fixed along with the ID system for NPCs, I forgot about the temp HP going out if order, I will fix that too
    There is a small issue with 1.0.11a , The NPC ID system has a little bug, when the GM swithes a NPC from ID to Non ID it changes the name on both the GM and Players combat tracker to Unknown. Kit is suspose to only change the Players combat tracker.
    I have already found and fixed it. It will probally go out with the weekly update.

Thaks all
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

I wasn't sure if this has been discussed yet (couldn't find anything), but the expanded Races (any from Dead Suns AP2-AP6) and Class Options (Mystic Devourer in Dead Suns AP2) from Adventure Paths like Dead Suns do not show up as options when these modules are loaded. It seems like new spells do though (Carnivorous from Dead Suns AP2).

Are there any plans to include these in future updates?

Also, not sure if it's a viable option but a big problem with 5e was the memory bloat you would hit with wanting to load a ton of books/modules for a lot of little rules. Is there any way to consolidate and load all core player options without the need to have every module loaded (other than creating our own merged copies)?

Regardless, the updates have been amazing! Thanks for all the great work Samarex!

Thre isn't a way to load parts of modules. It's all or nothing.

I'll let the developer know about the missing parts .
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Quote Originally Posted by jwfitt View Post
    I wasn't sure if this has been discussed yet (couldn't find anything), but the expanded Races (any from Dead Suns AP2-AP6) and Class Options (Mystic Devourer in Dead Suns AP2) from Adventure Paths like Dead Suns do not show up as options when these modules are loaded. It seems like new spells do though (Carnivorous from Dead Suns AP2).

Are there any plans to include these in future updates?

Also, not sure if it's a viable option but a big problem with 5e was the memory bloat you would hit with wanting to load a ton of books/modules for a lot of little rules. Is there any way to consolidate and load all core player options without the need to have every module loaded (other than creating our own merged copies)?

Regardless, the updates have been amazing! Thanks for all the great work Samarex!
    First - I didnt do the APs so I was not aware that this content was there. But the same issue has presented itself in the Armory.
    Present we have no way to include new content to classes but GOOD NEWS, I am working on rev 1.0.12
    to address this specific issue. Once I get the ruleset configured I will be able to pass on the information on what needs done to our module creation software,.
    Then we can have the devopeper add the content to the modules.

We didnt want to have to create a specific class in every module that added content to a class. I have figured out a way to do it in the ruleset.
    So its comming
    Last edited by Samarex; August 12th, 2018 at 02:57.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information