STAR TREK 2d20
Page 34 of 110 First ... 2432333435364484 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithtaken View Post
    I have an inventory list with 3.2 bulk by my calculation but I am getting a total bulk of 2. I suspect it may be related to multiple entries of the same item? Just a hunch. Anyway here is a screenshot of the bug.
    Ok I found the little bugger running around in one of the files.... I squashed him.

I have got it fixed. It now adds the 0.1 items correct. I had my math.floor in the wrong spot. I thought I checked all this on the last update.
    Anyway for now until it gets pushed out track it...

Sorry All.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Morning. Been a while.

Playing over the weekend we noticed an issue with the Tactical Doshko weapon. Seem it does not register crits. As a test I made a character and equipped the Tactical Dosko and attacked a target until I got a 20 then rolled crit. Only one crit dice rolled. The KAC of the target was well below the total of the 20 sided die so it should have been a crit roll. Below is a link to the picture.

Doshko Crit 1.PNG

So to make the experiment balanced, I equipped an Advanced Doshko to the same character and rolled until I got a 20 then rolled damage. This is against the same target as before. When I rolled damage, I got the double die crit roll correctly. So the issue seems to be with the Tactical Doshko weapon itself. Below is a pic of the rolls.

Doshko Advanced.PNG

If I find any other issues with weapons I will be sure to let you know Samarex. Thanks again for all yours, and the other Dev's hard work.

~Rags

Quote Originally Posted by ragnaroc1011 View Post
    When I rolled damage, I got the double die crit roll correctly.
    Look closely - you didn't get double damage. That weapon has 2d12 for the damage normally.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 26th, 2018 at 21:16.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by ragnaroc1011 View Post
    Morning. Been a while.

Playing over the weekend we noticed an issue with the Tactical Doshko weapon. Seem it does not register crits. As a test I made a character and equipped the Tactical Dosko and attacked a target until I got a 20 then rolled crit. Only one crit dice rolled. The KAC of the target was well below the total of the 20 sided die so it should have been a crit roll. Below is a link to the picture.

Doshko Crit 1.PNG

So to make the experiment balanced, I equipped an Advanced Doshko to the same character and rolled until I got a 20 then rolled damage. This is against the same target as before. When I rolled damage, I got the double die crit roll correctly. So the issue seems to be with the Tactical Doshko weapon itself. Below is a pic of the rolls.

Doshko Advanced.PNG

If I find any other issues with weapons I will be sure to let you know Samarex. Thanks again for all yours, and the other Dev's hard work.

~Rags
    Actually look closely at the attack roll. It was a Automatic Hit not a Crit.
    Review the Rule book on Critical Hits. When you ro" a natural 20 you have a Chance of a Critical Hit., I other games this was done by a Crit Cirfirm Roll.. In Starfinder is a Calulated check.
    You take your total Roll and sutract the Targets AC
    Then if the the Result is equal to or higher than the Targets AC its a Critical Hit otherwise a Automatic Hit for normal damage.
    Examples
    20+3=23 roll vs 24 eac this is a automatic hit
    20+3 =23 roll against a 14 kac
    23-14=9 this is a Automatic Hit normal damage
    20+3=23 vs 11eac
    23-11=12 the result is Higher than the AC thus is a Crtical Hit and would do double damage plus any Crit effect.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Actually look closely at the attack roll. It was a Automatic Hit not a Crit.
    Review the Rule book on Critical Hits. When you ro" a natural 20 you have a Chance of a Critical Hit., I other games this was done by a Crit Cirfirm Roll.. In Starfinder is a Calulated check.
    You take your total Roll and sutract the Targets AC
    Then if the the Result is equal to or higher than the Targets AC its a Critical Hit otherwise a Automatic Hit for normal damage.
    Examples
    20+3=23 roll vs 24 eac this is a automatic hit
    20+3 =23 roll against a 14 kac
    23-14=9 this is a Automatic Hit normal damage
    20+3=23 vs 11eac
    23-11=12 the result is Higher than the AC thus is a Crtical Hit and would do double damage plus any Crit effect.
    And after looking up the NPC it has a 12eac 14 kac so the attack vs Kac would need to be a 28 or higher tlo be a Critical hit.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

And after looking up the NPC it has a 12eac 14 kac so the attack vs Kac would need to be a 28 or higher tlo be a Critical hit.
    Nope, this is not how it works. The total attack roll (With the nat 20) has to exceed the relevant AC - that's it.

Page 246 of the rulebook: "If the total result of your attack roll meets or exceeds the target's EAC or KAC (as appropriate for your attack) you've also scored a critical hit."

It is simply exceed the relevant defence value, not double it or anything like that - which appears to be what the ruleset is doing (looking at double the AC).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nope, this is not how it works. The total attack roll (With the nat 20) has to exceed the relevant AC - that's it.

Page 246 of the rulebook: "If the total result of your attack roll meets or exceeds the target's EAC or KAC (as appropriate for your attack) you've also scored a critical hit."

It is simply exceed the relevant defence value, not double it or anything like that - which appears to be what the ruleset is doing (looking at double the AC).
    Will look when the family wakes up. I may have miss read it myself. It will be a easy fix. I know where its at.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Will look when the family wakes up. I may have miss read it myself. It will be a easy fix. I know where its at.
    Ok Sorry, I miss-read it some how. After reading again I have no clue where I got the idea I needed to subtract the AC. Anyway I got it fixed.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Ok Sorry, I miss-read it some how. After reading again I have no clue where I got the idea I needed to subtract the AC. Anyway I got it fixed.
    Can you fix the condition that goes with the crit also ?
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    Can you fix the condition that goes with the crit also ?
    That is going to be a little more extensive work but its on my list for Effects and Conditions.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information