5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    You didn’t answer second half of his question. What is size of image file?
    File is about 2.7meg. and is 2k x 2k (ish)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    File is about 2.7meg. and is 2k x 2k (ish)
    Did you figure out why you are having crashes, or is it still an issue?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Did you figure out why you are having crashes, or is it still an issue?
    No I haven't figured it out, but we haven't met again yet. We meet Thursdays.

As for Token quantity, it should only matter on the Shared Tokens, right?

Blog Entries
    So, stability, as mentioned before is almost always due to too much shared. That image should be fine. File size just means it will take longer to share, but won't cause crashes. In your case, it's most likely players trying to load too many books. Make sure you are only sharing player books, and that they are only loading the ones they need. Then watch the processes sizes, if the crash happens around 1.5GB on 32-bit O/S or 3.+ GB on 64-bit O/S, then you know sharing (books, images, tokens) is the cause.

Yes, it is the shared tokens that will cause player problems much sooner than it will cause problems with the host/GM.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So I validated I am only sharing Player materials, and only the Player versions of: PHB, DMG, Volo's,*Xanthar, And Sword Coast. (so they could build whatever class/race they wanted and have access to all the backgrounds)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    No I haven't figured it out, but we haven't met again yet. We meet Thursdays.

As for Token quantity, it should only matter on the Shared Tokens, right?
    Nope.
    Well not totally true - if the player instances are crashing then Shared.
    If your instance is crashing its any tokens.

Oh, my instance doesn't crash... it's a random assortment of players. It isn't even consistent who gets the crash.

Blog Entries
    Once you do the cleanup make sure that the affected players clear their cache for that campaign. They will need to also join the session 15mins early so they can redownload everything without slowing your session down.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Nope.
    Well not totally true - if the player instances are crashing then Shared.
    If your instance is crashing its any tokens.
    Damned - can you elaborate on this - I am seeing "bad allocation error" and crashing any time I go to ANY other window (even switching between my dm and local host versions of FG (Classic).

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Damned - can you elaborate on this - I am seeing "bad allocation error" and crashing any time I go to ANY other window (even switching between my dm and local host versions of FG (Classic).
    Look at the memory use for FantasyGrounds.exe processes. If you're running a 64-bit operating system, with Fantasy Grounds Classic (not Unity), and either process is using more than 3GB of RAM, then memory use is the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information