DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltChar View Post
    I'm curious to know how the Dagger of Venom is supposed to work then? That's what I based the Custom weapon on, but I didn't want to give the party that nice of a weapon this early, but needed to challenge them.

Dagger of Venom: "Allows the wilder to use a poison effect (as the spell, save DC 14) upon a creature struck by the blade."
    The dagger of venom just lets you effectively "cast" a poison spell once a day when you hit a creature - so unless they make the Fort save, they take 1d3 Con damage a round for six rounds.

I just have one more question about Poisons. Does the ability damage last beyond the duration of the poison if they don't make their saves for cure? Also, does the ability damage stack for poisons?
    Yes, ability damage persists until it is healed (either naturally or magically). Ability damage does "stack", in that it is cumulative, leading to increased penalties (and potentially uncosciousness or death).

@Callum
    Thank you so much for the information. First time being a DM and still learning the ropes.

@Callum
    Thank you so much for the information. First time being a DM and still learning the ropes.
    Hey, congrats on taking the plunge, you will hopefully find it rewarding for years to come

Poison Effect

Hi all,
    I am looking for an example of a poison effect.

Under abilities, I have added a spell class for Feats. Now I want to add in a "spell" for poison. One example would be a 1d3 CON damage per round for 6 rounds. I think I would do an "effect" which is the person icon.

These are the types of poisons I am working on.
    https://legacy.aonprd.com/ultimateEq...r/poisons.html

Guidance and examples/screenshots greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishypeanuts View Post
    Hi all,
    I am looking for an example of a poison effect.

Under abilities, I have added a spell class for Feats. Now I want to add in a "spell" for poison. One example would be a 1d3 CON damage per round for 6 rounds. I think I would do an "effect" which is the person icon.
    There are no effects for ability damage - see the effects Wiki page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers

You can't automate this in FG. You need to handle this manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

You seek advice on working with Pathfinder 1e on Fantasy Grounds and Poison Effects. Here are some tips that might be helpful for you:

Let me preface. I spent hours reading in these forums, seeking actionable advice, real-life examples, and ideas.
    I have taken what I learned and wanted to share. I was looking for a working solution to apply to my Pathfinder 1e campaign.
    I use some mods and extensions; some features mentioned here may incorporate some of that functionality. I tried to make this work without dependency on them. However, if you are using effects, I am sure you have mods and extensions already loaded.
    In my example, I have a Half-Elf (Half-Drow) Ranger who has learned how to use poisons and applies them to his crossbow bolts for effect.
    In this case, he is lurking near a goblin camp in the woods at night, their leader is an Ogre brute, so the Ranger prepares his crossbow bolt and fires with results.
    I include a screenshot of my Fantasy Grounds Chat, Combat Tracker, and PC Actions Tab the PC would have opened while attempting the process;

2023-05-28-Fantasy Grounds-Pathfinder-Poison-Effects.png

1. Be careful with your character's exposure to poison. It can cause a lot of damage if you're not prepared.
    2. Keep an eye on your character's stats and health. Poison can harm both.
    3. Don't forget to use the right antidotes and remedies to counteract any poison effects. It's important to be prepared for any situation.
    4. If you're unsure about anything, don't hesitate to ask for help from other players or the GM. They can offer valuable advice and guidance.

I hope these tips help you out! Let me know if you need anything else.

Thread Information