DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    But ooooh - what is SWADE Archetype feature of which you speak?
    The [Archetypes] button is on the top left of the Character Selection Window. When you click it, the Archetypes list window is displayed which may or may not already have archetypes listed in it depending upon whether you have a module loaded that contains them. If you click the (+) add item button at the lower right of the Archetypes list window, it pops us a blank character sheets that looks like any other. The name you give that character sheet will be the name of you new archetype and anything you enter on that character sheet will be saved as defaults. So if you create an Unarmed Strike on the combats tab, any player using it that archetype will have it as a default weapon for their PC. While it may seem like a funny name, a GM could create an archetype named Unarmed Strike that only has that weapon as an entry - tested it and it works.

The technique you mentioned is another quick and easy weapon to add an Unarmed Strike to a character sheet. With a number of easy ways to add an Unarmed Strike weapon, I just don't see the need to add it as a default weapon on every character sheet.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 23rd, 2021 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    The [Archetypes] button is on the top left of the Character Selection Window. When you click it, the Archetypes list window is displayed which may or may not already have archetypes listed in it depending upon whether you have a module loaded that contains them. If you click the (+) add item button at the lower right of the Archetypes list window, it pops us a blank character sheets that looks like any other. The name you give that character sheet will be the name of you new archetype and anything you enter on that character sheet will be saved as defaults. So if you create an Unarmed Strike on the combats tab, any player using it that archetype will have it as a default weapon for their PC. While it may seem like a funny name, a GM could create an archetype named Unarmed Strike that only has that weapon as an entry - tested it and it works.

The technique you mentioned is another quick and easy weapon to add an Unarmed Strike to a character sheet. With a number of easy ways to add an Unarmed Strike weapon, I just don't see the need to add it as a default weapon on every character sheet.
    Ah I know about that. Seems to be underused in the products I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Ah I know about that. Seems to be underused in the products I have.
    Yep, the setting modules I own don't use them either, but I'm mostly a homebrewer and only own The Interface Zero 3 and Weird Wars II modules. The IZ3 module features character Origins, which seems like they'd be a good fit for Archetypes, but archetypes weren't used for those. IIRC archetypes have a bit more functionality for the D&D 5e and Pathfinder rulesets, but I've personally never used them with those. I often use them for my SWADE homebrews, even for my human-only settings due to often using Culture (similar to races) templates. I find them most handy when an archetype will have a variety of default features like edges, hindrances, skills, items, etc.
    Last edited by kronovan; December 23rd, 2021 at 20:34.

Seems to me we are lacking in Archetypes!

I've used Archetypes to create pregen characters for a couple of one shots I created. That terminology seems to be consistent with the way PEG is using the word. I just got the pdf of the Super Powers Companion Archetypes (as a Kickstarter backer), which has multiple Seasoned pregen characters at the various power levels. Settings that have Archetypes available for purchase in the FG store appear to be a separate module and since I don't own any, I'm not sure if they appear when pressing the Archetype button on the Character Selection window or if you have to grab them from the module.

Thread Information