STAR TREK 2d20

LFG - New adventurer seeking to start a new char

Hello;
    I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and to AL and I'm seeking a group to start playing a level 1 dwarven paladin I created in CC101 class. My play times are flexible, I'm easy going and laid back type person, prefer to play with other military vets (optional) but I'll game with anyone. I played AD&D back early 80's at ten years old, DM'd some, getting back into D&D at 49!

I have discord and an fg ultimate license, working mic/headset, so I'm good to go.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

If you're interested in 5e games, as I gather from your mention of the CC101 class, you should keep an eye on LFG posts from DMs who are recruiting or have openings in existing games. The 5e juggernaut means that there are many more players than DMs for the ruleset, so most DMs will not have to actively look for players; all they need to do is post the game or opening and watch as their game fills up. There are exceptions to this naturally, but generally this is the case. Pathfinder is similar I'd suspect.

If you are open to games in other rulesets - Rolemaster, Castles and Crusades for example - you may expand your likeliness to find a game. These rulesets don't have the massive following that 5e and Pathfinder have, so that may at first seem counter intuitive, but I've found it to be an accurate observation.

Anyways, welcome again and good luck with your search.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks JohnD for the quick reply, I'll be sure to keep an eye out on the AL 5e game posts. I'm trying to learn one ruleset at a time as I'm just getting back into D&D. I completely get it that players outnumber the dm's, but I'll keep plugging.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Welcome!

If you're interested in 5e games, as I gather from your mention of the CC101 class, you should keep an eye on LFG posts from DMs who are recruiting or have openings in existing games. The 5e juggernaut means that there are many more players than DMs for the ruleset, so most DMs will not have to actively look for players; all they need to do is post the game or opening and watch as their game fills up. There are exceptions to this naturally, but generally this is the case. Pathfinder is similar I'd suspect.

If you are open to games in other rulesets - Rolemaster, Castles and Crusades for example - you may expand your likeliness to find a game. These rulesets don't have the massive following that 5e and Pathfinder have, so that may at first seem counter intuitive, but I've found it to be an accurate observation.

Anyways, welcome again and good luck with your search.

You should also keep an eye on the Games Calendar, as a lot of times DMs will post games on there for sign up and not list anything in the forums. Never hurts to keep an eye on both.

And welcome to FG, the best little "Role/Roll"house in the ethernet.

Thread Information