DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last
    I thought I had typed something here.

There's a early beta (ie, late alpha), link is in the first post.

Should work, or it might crash, I've only tested a couple characters.

Class/Level (minimal, needs work), abilities, saves, HP (Max), Initiative, Skills, Name and some other stuff. (Ideals, Flaws, Bonds, Hair, Eyes, Skin).

I'm going to keep going on it through the weekend.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by st4lk3r87 View Post
    Yes, a good converter from D&D Beyond to Fantasy Grounds will save lot of work. Unfortunately Fantasy Grounds alone doesn't have the same efficiency with 5e character creation ( still better than pen and paper imo ).
    Really? I find character creation in FG far simpler: Drag Race, Drag Background, Drag class, (Drag Spells), Drag gear. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Really? I find character creation in FG far simpler: Drag Race, Drag Background, Drag class, (Drag Spells), Drag gear. Done.
    It's probably just a matter of taste. The actions involved in D&D Beyond are less. I used FG for more than 2 years now and D&D Beyond for 3 months.

On D&D Beyond the number of actions are definitely less than Fantasy Grounds:
    Start wizard -> Choose Race from a list -> Select extra feat/proficiency from a list -> Choose Class from a list -> Select Proficiencies from a list -> Select special class choice from a list -> Select Background and Bond/Traits/Flaws from a list -> Choose Ability Score ( 3 modes available ) -> Select starting equipment -> DONE

On Fantasy Grounds it's true. You can drag & drop things but it's going to be slow cause you need to open different windows everytime:
    No Creation Wizard. You need to know what you're doing most of the time so you have to remember stuffs most of time ( not a big deal for me but it's still less tedious with D&D Beyond )
    To choose a race you have to open a window and drag the race in your character sheet. Same for the class and Background. ( again, better than nothing but still more tedious than D&D Beyond )
    If you have extra option to choose based on the class you need to update your character sheet manually ( Fighting Style is an example )
    You have to populate your inventory manually by finding the right item then drag & drop them in your inventory.
    I didn't check for spells but I'm pretty sure it's going to be more tedious on FG too.

What I like is that players can update dnd beyond without me having to host computer running.

All this discussion, yet no comments/advice on what I can do to fix/add/change/etc? to the actual web application?

(Just kidding, continue on your merry discussion!!)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    All this discussion, yet no comments/advice on what I can do to fix/add/change/etc? to the actual web application?

(Just kidding, continue on your merry discussion!!)

Dave
    Ahah. The only thing I'd like to see are reference to the manual for items/spells/feats and so on. But I know they are wip. Am I Right?

I'll look into the possibility, I haven't started on spells/inventory yet, that's planned, yes.

Dave

I just tried to export one character. A wizard level 1.

I can tell you:
    - Ability Score works OK
    - Class Reference, Race reference, Background Reference are OK
    - Skills Proficiencies are OK
    - Notes are OK ( Bonds, Flaws and co. )
    - The backstory could be copied in the Notes section I guess
    - Feat/Features/Traits/Proficiencies/Languages in Abilities area are empty ( Is that expected? )
    - Inventory is empty ( as expected )
    - Actions tab is empty too ( as expected )

@st4lk3r87,

Thanks for testing, yes everything is as expected, I really appreciate your checking it out.

It also give me more motivation to continue working on it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitneyy2k View Post
    What I like is that players can update dnd beyond without me having to host computer running.
    I’m not that familiar with DnDB - for doing things like this (players updating their PCs) what content do the players need to own?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information