DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldJarhead View Post
    We are doing the Tyranny of Dragons campaign, both books, still on the first. I have added a lot to the story though.

If I close the MM and other DM modules will I still be able to utilize the NPCs from those books in pre-built "random" encounters?
    All of the campaigns include the monsters and are intended to be playable without owning any of the sourcebooks. Loading the MM is just adding to your own memory usage unnecessarily, as is having every single module you own loaded like in that first screenshot.

The modules your player posted that he has loaded looked perfectly fine, however. Not too much and no GM-only modules (I didn't see any GM modules on your list that you had forcibly shared anyway.) So, assuming that player has a reasonable amount of RAM on his computer, the issue is likely images or potentially a corrupted campaign database which is why @Trenloe suggested the players manually delete that campaign folder to force it to start from scratch with a fresh download from your server.

Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    All of the campaigns include the monsters and are intended to be playable without owning any of the sourcebooks. Loading the MM is just adding to your own memory usage unnecessarily, as is having every single module you own loaded like in that first screenshot.

The modules your player posted that he has loaded looked perfectly fine, however. Not too much and no GM-only modules (I didn't see any GM modules on your list that you had forcibly shared anyway.) So, assuming that player has a reasonable amount of RAM on his computer, the issue is likely images or potentially a corrupted campaign database which is why @Trenloe suggested the players manually delete that campaign folder to force it to start from scratch with a fresh download from your server.
    I just manually un-shared a bunch (A BUNCH) of images I had shared with the group throughout the campaign (started in late March). Trial run with group member resulted in a much quicker sharing of maps and images and no errors.
    Thanks to all the helpful post.

Thread Information