5E Character Create Playlist
Page 57 of 59 First ... 7475556575859 Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by Shannara View Post
    You can reimport - Author picks up anything new you've added.
    It will delete the current Builder ref-man and import all the existing story entries. It warns about that before you do so. If you do not want to delete the existing Builder ref-man do not import again. Manually edit the pages.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 6.1

Fixes the default frame selection.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    With Builder getting better and still the need for Story entries, I wish there was a reverse - reference manual to story - function. ��
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    With Builder getting better and still the need for Story entries, I wish there was a reverse - reference manual to story - function. ��
    You really shouldnt need story entries any longer. You can link to pages in a ref-manual for pins. As I understand it they added a new view for ref-pages that work much like story pages. I added this to the 2E ruleset about a year ago and someone in the 5e know told me they have it there now also.

I expect moving forward Author will slowly no longer be used at all since everyone "should" be using ref-manuals entirely.
    ---

Blog Entries
    The developer suggestions still want story entries. I think it is because you cannot edit a locked ref manual and you cannot really unlock it.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Source books are the only static reference manuals based on the development process currently in place. All other module types would be editable and able to be unlocked. Source book were never accompanied with story entries. So not sure what static reference manuals would need to be converted into story entries.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Every module I convert has a reference manual. I include both story entries and the reference manual as the reference manual is not easily editable by people that by it off the store, especially if it is locked. Story entries are easy to edit.

Many GM like to add notes to rooms as players clear it out or to customize for the party but appreciate the readability of a reference manual.

Unless you are saying that reference manuals are not fully editable. If so, why the store request that developers include story entries?

Reference manuals are editable if the module is exported as not read only. New modules that have been released recently don't come with these story entries as it was a decision to rely on the reference manual for various reasons. Early modules prior to this decision may fall under the static state due to basically age and would need some reports to open them up. As I mentioned before the approach is for source books, like the core rulebooks, to be read only and not very easily editable. As you mentioned you would like to add notes for adventures and that is the current wish as well and thusly adventure modules are not supposed to be set to read only. So if you are encountering a situation where a module is an adventure and the reference manual is not editable, then it would be best to reach out and we can look into getting that into a more editable state.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

When I click Import, my stories don't go into the Reference manual the way yours do in the video. I'm probably missing a step. This is in a bare FG table with Author as the only extension and the module I'm working on as the only module.

I saw another post that said something about adding the stories to a Group as a solution so i made a group and dragged the stories out of my module and into the new group, no difference.

I also tried building the reference manual in the campaign I built the module in (where everything is in "uncategorized") and got the same result.Author.png

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    When I click Import, my stories don't go into the Reference manual the way yours do in the video. I'm probably missing a step. This is in a bare FG table with Author as the only extension and the module I'm working on as the only module.

I saw another post that said something about adding the stories to a Group as a solution so i made a group and dragged the stories out of my module and into the new group, no difference.

I also tried building the reference manual in the campaign I built the module in (where everything is in "uncategorized") and got the same result.Author.png
    The only reason story entries would not be put into the builder is if they are not categorized or in groups.

That said, there is no reason to use Author if you're just now starting into FG. You can edit the ref-manual directly using the builder and link those pages in whatever content you want.
    ---

Thread Information