Starfinder Playlist
Page 55 of 59 First ... 5455354555657 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Ah, no worries. Is the consensus that the vast majority of users have migrated to FGU?

I wanted to ensure my module was as compatible as possible for my users, but if the standard is now FGU, I'm fine with migrating up to that.

One thing is in your introductory post it says Fantasy Grounds Unity support is still experimental.

FGU support is experimental.

Anyone having any problems after the last FG update with using the import function?

I wanted to rebuild a manual on a project that had some new story entries. Clicking the import locks it up. No response after a long wait. The same version of Author, but there have been FG updates since then.

I tried a different module with less story entries and it works.

I went back to an earlier db.xml copy for this module (just to test) before it had ANY reference manual. Tried the import there and locks up. i think it has to do with the number of entries. This module has 11 story "pages" to navigate through to give you an idea on the size of it (50 per page right?).. Tried it 3 times on the one which had no previous refman. On the third try, after waiting about 2 mins and not touching anything, it completed (waiting previously caused a FG lock). Took the module from about 300kb to about 1.2MB (again just for reference)

So I went back to the update version with more content (really some images and stuff, very little story changes). Starting at about 2.3MB after a purge and will wind up around 4.1MB when the refman is built. Using a frame this time (which maybe adds a little to the size)

Definitely the size. Although only a few story entries were modified, this time it took closer to 3 mins (I went back to the default frame to eliminate that)

So best thing to do is sit back and wait and do nothing on a large story entry module and (hopefully) it will eventually finish.

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Anyone having any problems after the last FG update with using the import function?
    I tested, imported a rather large module, has 509 story entries, and the story import didn't take more than about 20 seconds. This was Night Below, larged boxed set I converted. Temple of Elemental Evil was about the same. Not seeing any excessive performance issues on this end.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I tested, imported a rather large module, has 509 story entries, and the story import didn't take more than about 20 seconds. This was Night Below, larged boxed set I converted. Temple of Elemental Evil was about the same. Not seeing any excessive performance issues on this end.
    Thanks C.. i wonder what's making this one take so long? i went back and tested a few others and they output fairly quickly.

Do you think the nesting of the subchapters or entries per story category or anything would impact performance on the looping?

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Thanks C.. i wonder what's making this one take so long? i went back and tested a few others and they output fairly quickly.

Do you think the nesting of the subchapters or entries per story category or anything would impact performance on the looping?
    If you want, post the campaign folder zip (or send it to me in discord) and ill try run it locally and see if I have same issue.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Your example is correct.

Place the _ infront of the Story "Name".
    Each _ counts as an indent space.

Since FG was "eating" spaces in the Story entries this is where I went. The underscores are stripped from the display in ref-manual.
    is _ the only hidden feature?

I found I can keep indenting if I do:

01 _page1
    02 _ page2
    03 _ _page3
    04 _ _ page4

but it doesn't strip out those extra underscores hehe. Also there's no other text formats but chapter/subchapter/pages. I assume that's an FG limitation.
    Last edited by ghen; February 13th, 2022 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    is _ the only hidden feature?

I found I can keep indenting if I do:

01 _page1
    02 _ page2
    03 _ _page3
    04 _ _ page4

but it doesn't strip out those extra underscores hehe. Also there's no other text formats but chapter/subchapter/pages. I assume that's an FG limitation.
    I did not want to add a special markup then have to leave them in the story entry. I felt _ was obscure enough in the title display that it was acceptable.
    Last edited by celestian; February 13th, 2022 at 22:50.
    ---

Hey Celestian,

Any idea why the Reference Builder would be empty when trying to Import the stories?

Thanks!

Capture.jpg

EDIT: Forget I ever asked... for anybody out there... remember to create a Group and add your stories to it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso Buho View Post
    Hey Celestian,

Any idea why the Reference Builder would be empty when trying to Import the stories?

Thanks!

Capture.jpg

EDIT: Forget I ever asked... for anybody out there... remember to create a Group and add your stories to it
    For everybody out there!

Thread Information