FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 59 First ... 404849505152 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

This is what I'm working on for the Core update that is coming "soon". The Core update includes the new Builder. This great feature lets you edit your ref-manual directly. The only issue is... well you have to put the same data in a Story entry still if you're working with Adventures/etc. So, using previously created methods tweaked for this new system you can use Author to import your Story entries into the Builder.

Using this new method it allows me to not have to deal with hacking export processes. All of the other /slash commands for author still function.

Once you have your story entries into the Builder you can modify it there... however, further imports will overwrite those changes. So, get your data into Story form FIRST before you do this. If you do not want to overwrite your changes you'll need to edit the entries in the Builder to match.

This tool will work with previously created Author campaigns to update them to the new Builder reference manual using the new Core update.

Keep in mind this is testing and how this works could change.

Last edited by celestian; November 12th, 2021 at 23:16.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The Lost City..nice

Version 2

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    You continue to amaze me.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Oh that's sharp.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    I can't believe I have been missing out on this tool. Since it works with CoreRPG and layered rulesets, would that include D&D 5e??
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    I can't believe I have been missing out on this tool. Since it works with CoreRPG and layered rulesets, would that include D&D 5e??
    Yes it should work with any CoreRPG layered ruleset.

Just keep in mind once the new Core update comes out "soonish" that Author will change (as shown above). With the current version it's entirely Story based and Author manages the export. With the Core update coming they've added a "Builder" that will let you construct a ref-manual and even do layout with inline images. Since you need to have Story entries in the new Core for adventures still Author put those Story entries into Builder for you formatting it in the same way it does currently but exporting is handled by CoreRPG (not Author).
    ---

This version is now on the Test channel for people to experiment with.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    ---

My apologies if this has been covered before, but with 50 pages for this topic I just don't have the time to read through them all.

Anyhow...I'm using FGU and I'm having problems linking images in a story. The link gets successfully exported with the reference, but when I open any particular chapter, subchapter or page containing an image link, it only ever opens a blank image with the text <<New Image>> being displayed in the top left of the image frame. For the images I'm linking, I previously copied the graphic file for each to my \campaignname\Images folder and created an image record for them via Assets > Images. I've tried including images when I perform my export, but that makes things worse as a duplicate of the image is then created which displays with a red question mark. Not checking Images when I export, just results in the image displaying as a blank and <<New Image>> in the frame. I've tried ensuring the image link in the story is set to be shared to players (link icon recolored as green), but that doesn't make a difference. I've tried setting my module export to "Player Module" and "Read Only", but that doesn't make a difference either.

Otherwise, I have tables linked in some of stories and they get linked just fine. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this?

[Edit] I'm using the Author v5.11 extension and Core RPG v2021-07-06.
    Last edited by kronovan; November 24th, 2021 at 20:29.

Thread Information