FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 43 of 59 First ... 33414243444553 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Hi Celestian,

I found a possible bug that you might be able to fix in regards to the character encoding.
    Here's an example:
    Nøkken

This encodes properly everywhere in the reference manual except for the image caption, which double encodes the ampersand.
    [ Properly encoded ]
    <link class="npc" recordname="reference.npcdata.id-00044"><b>NPC: </b>N&#248;kken</link>
    [ Improperly encoded ]
    <caption type="string">Image: N&amp;#248;kken</caption>

You're probably looking for the & and replacing it with &amp; but that should only be done if the next character is not # (e.g. &#), since that's already encoded.
    Not sure the extension code is doing the encoding or if its happening automatically as part of the export function - which you wouldn't have control over.

I wound just doing a find on replace = &amp;# -> &# in the db.xml and I fixed it myself for this project but wanted to let you know.

I also have a question about the captions.
    Sometimes the caption doesn't show up in the ref and it's just the image.. Other times I get the "Image: <imagename>" caption underneath. On one my exports, some had it, some didn't. Is this part of the "still in development" and maybe that's why its inconsistent, or might there be another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Hi Celestian,

I found a possible bug that you might be able to fix in regards to the character encoding.
    Here's an example:
    Nøkken

This encodes properly everywhere in the reference manual except for the image caption, which double encodes the ampersand.
    [ Properly encoded ]
    <link class="npc" recordname="reference.npcdata.id-00044"><b>NPC: </b>Nøkken</link>
    [ Improperly encoded ]
    <caption type="string">Image: N&#248;kken</caption>

You're probably looking for the & and replacing it with & but that should only be done if the next character is not # (e.g. &#), since that's already encoded.
    Not sure the extension code is doing the encoding or if its happening automatically as part of the export function - which you wouldn't have control over.

I wound just doing a find on replace = &# -> &# in the db.xml and I fixed it myself for this project but wanted to let you know.

I also have a question about the captions.
    Sometimes the caption doesn't show up in the ref and it's just the image.. Other times I get the "Image: <imagename>" caption underneath. On one my exports, some had it, some didn't. Is this part of the "still in development" and maybe that's why its inconsistent, or might there be another reason.
    Author doesn't manage the encoding for text. Thats part of the FG API. So when you add text to a story the API decides what goes in the actual data node. I read the data node.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

just seemed weird that it only happened when exporting the <caption> node to the XML and it did it correctly everywhere else.

In the story entry, there would be a single link with text, e.g. * Image: somepicture. So when you call the API, are you getting back 2 things? the path to the link + the text that is displayed along with it? Would this be something that their API is doing with the double encoding and I should pass along to them?

Hi Celestian,
    I got a weird issue with author 5.10 (and 5.06) on FG (but not on FGU). When trying to create a copy of an item it shows me an error attached below and doesn't allow to create a copy. Any module loaded gives the same error and result; PHB, DMG, SRD, even my own creations, apart from the items I created for the campaign I'm working on and not loaded as a module. Restarting my campaign without Author fixes it. Restarting again with Author on brings the issue back.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindexitem_name_autho..."]:99: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Quote Originally Posted by Boskipiard View Post
    Hi Celestian,
    I got a weird issue with author 5.10 (and 5.06) on FG (but not on FGU). When trying to create a copy of an item it shows me an error attached below and doesn't allow to create a copy. Any module loaded gives the same error and result; PHB, DMG, SRD, even my own creations, apart from the items I created for the campaign I'm working on and not loaded as a module. Restarting my campaign without Author fixes it. Restarting again with Author on brings the issue back.
    What ruleset? I tested in various and copying a item (arrow in my case) to local copy works fine for me without errors.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

5e ruleset. I have asked few people to try to replicate that and nobody could. At the moment my only clues as to what is happening are the error message, which doesn't tell me much, and that it disappears when Author is not loaded.

Is there a way to reference a link in the reference manual. For Example if I wanted to and a link in the middle of the book that references another story entry. It would be helpful for those time in the book it says "See page X". that appears in a later chapter.
    Last edited by sevrick; May 22nd, 2021 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Is there a way to reference a link in the reference manual. For Example if I wanted to and a link in the middle of the book that references another story entry. It would be helpful for those time in the book it says "See page X". that appears in a later chapter.
    If you export the story entries it should work fine. If you mean a self referencing ref-manual link, thats a bit tricky.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Boskipiard View Post
    5e ruleset. I have asked few people to try to replicate that and nobody could. At the moment my only clues as to what is happening are the error message, which doesn't tell me much, and that it disappears when Author is not loaded.
    More than likely there is a extension conflict with something else then. As I am unable to replicate it with current FG and 5e with only Author.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you export the story entries it should work fine. If you mean a self referencing ref-manual link, thats a bit tricky.
    Yeah I didn't want have to export the story entries but rely on the reference library.

Thread Information