5E Character Create Playlist
Page 39 of 59 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Having a couple of problems with author but is probably just user error or some setting I have check off but shouldn't.

First issue is font color in the story button. Main story pages listed in the story button are appearing as white text (hard to read) and subchaptered notes in that same list are bright orange (also very hard to read). If anyone knows how to fix what I messed up, and could explain how I could fix it would be great.

The second issue I am having is that for some reason author seems unable to export certain categories. Stories is one of them, and talents and species archetype is another. (I am currently using this to build a source book for the Genesys Work in progress framework if that helps or matters. Thanks in advance for the help everyone and Happy New Year!
    Update: I found the dark theme setting in options. Thank you @Celestian! That was the problem with the strange colored text. I am still having difficulty exporting. No matter what I do when I try to export the file that does end up getting exported does not add the changes that I have added. The story groups that have been added don't get included. The New story items do not save, and nothing I do can make the stories go from from the regular listing to having the book next to them. Is there a button that I have to press in order to expand search range of the whole story tab, or some setting that I am not clicking? I have tested with/without "read only?" and/or "Player Module" nothing seems to help.

Blog Entries
    Entries wont magiocally show with a book next to them.
    Entries with a book next to them are in a module.
    You wont see entries in a module without opening the module.

As to content not exporting... you can only export content created in that campaign.

See Lord Entrails tips on Adventure creation
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Entries wont magiocally show with a book next to them.
    Entries with a book next to them are in a module.
    You wont see entries in a module without opening the module.

As to content not exporting... you can only export content created in that campaign.

See Lord Entrails tips on Adventure creation
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices
    This is extremely helpful! Thank you @damned

Celestian,

I think there is a typo in your Author Extension. I ran the /author lock all command and got the list below. I think the entry "AUTHOR: locked 25 entries for encounter (type: encouter)." should be stories. As I have 25 story entries and 0 encounters at this point in my creation.

AuthorExtentionBug01.png

Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Celestian,

I think there is a typo in your Author Extension. I ran the /author lock all command and got the list below. I think the entry "AUTHOR: locked 25 entries for encounter (type: encouter)." should be stories. As I have 25 story entries and 0 encounters at this point in my creation.

AuthorExtentionBug01.png
    The actual node name is "encounter" for stories. Encounter node name is "battle".

Yeah, it's confusing but, it is what it is.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

It's called backward compatibility from many years ago, even before my time.

JPG

Sorry to bother you guys but I am converting a DCC module at the moment and the extension works fine apart from not showing me the image I have linked to the story entry. It is quite possible that the answer is here somewhere but I can not seem to find it.screen.png

Quote Originally Posted by Papi View Post
    Sorry to bother you guys but I am converting a DCC module at the moment and the extension works fine apart from not showing me the image I have linked to the story entry. It is quite possible that the answer is here somewhere but I can not seem to find it.screen.png
    FGU? FGU does not support the same API/data calls that FGC does. I'm currently waiting for those options to be added so that inline imaging will work the same as it does using FGC.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    FGU? FGU does not support the same API/data calls that FGC does. I'm currently waiting for those options to be added so that inline imaging will work the same as it does using FGC.
    Ok! So I guess it stands to reason to do this in FGC. Your extension is awesome by the way!

Ok, all self deprecating humor aside...I can't figure out even where to get the .ext for this. I'm truly striking out on these forums today! I know its gotta be so simple that my 10yo could probably find it first try OR...(i'm hoping) its just not on here as a link right now.

Like I asked on my wedding night...can you just point to what I need to make this work?

Thanks in advance,
    K

Thread Information