5E Character Create Playlist
Page 38 of 59 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorLovins View Post
    Thank you all for the replies and thank you admin for moving this to the correct forum. I am still unclear as to how to make a "ref page" with multiple framed items and pictures. How does author know that I am trying to make a page with multiple sidebar text blocks? Is it possible to make a block where an image appears to the side of text such as with image text blocks? I try to format my ref manuals to appear as closely similar in appearance as the author's original sourcebook, within reason of course. I absolutely love this extension.
    You need to do that by hand.

Having a couple of problems with author but is probably just user error or some setting I have check off but shouldn't.

First issue is font color in the story button. Main story pages listed in the story button are appearing as white text (hard to read) and subchaptered notes in that same list are bright orange (also very hard to read). If anyone knows how to fix what I messed up, and could explain how I could fix it would be great.

The second issue I am having is that for some reason author seems unable to export certain categories. Stories is one of them, and talents and species archetype is another. (I am currently using this to build a source book for the Genesys Work in progress framework if that helps or matters. Thanks in advance for the help everyone and Happy New Year!

Usually font issues are because you have several themes loaded.

I don't know the ruleset you are using but Author only works for CORE based rulesets as far as I'm aware.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Having a couple of problems with author but is probably just user error or some setting I have check off but shouldn't.

First issue is font color in the story button. Main story pages listed in the story button are appearing as white text (hard to read) and subchaptered notes in that same list are bright orange (also very hard to read). If anyone knows how to fix what I messed up, and could explain how I could fix it would be great.

The second issue I am having is that for some reason author seems unable to export certain categories. Stories is one of them, and talents and species archetype is another. (I am currently using this to build a source book for the Genesys Work in progress framework if that helps or matters. Thanks in advance for the help everyone and Happy New Year!
    There is a dark theme campaign setting that will change the color of those highlights. Outside of that there is no built in feature to deal with any other varied themes.

As Zacc' said, Author will only function properly with CoreRPG based systems.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The framework I am using is CoreRPG based. I switched to a campaign and the color issue went away. I was at one point able to set up a save that actually worked but now I cannot seem to repeat the process. The Original book I Saved is around 13m. the one it will save now is only 400k. Again thanks for the help.

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Hey everyone!

Did not write for quite a while but I am still following a lot of topics here. I love FGU and the first extension I installed was this one. I know the use of it would be experimental - I tried to do a small module yesterday and recognized that it is not working as expected in some cases. E.g. the pictures seem not to show themselves inline at all although I used the link as I did a lot of time with FG. The frames have been captured fine. I used 5.06 with original 5E ruleset and no other modules or extension activated. I'll try to do again with github version today.

Nevertheless feels to be minor issues to me only - looking forward to use this extension again with FGU!

Best regards,
    Waldbaer
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    All content should still be created in FGC.
    Yes, I know - I just cannot stop myself
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Quote Originally Posted by Waldbaer View Post
    Hey everyone!

Did not write for quite a while but I am still following a lot of topics here. I love FGU and the first extension I installed was this one. I know the use of it would be experimental - I tried to do a small module yesterday and recognized that it is not working as expected in some cases. E.g. the pictures seem not to show themselves inline at all although I used the link as I did a lot of time with FG. The frames have been captured fine. I used 5.06 with original 5E ruleset and no other modules or extension activated. I'll try to do again with github version today.
    Yup, it's a feature that I'm waiting for API options to exist to perform the same thing I do in FGC. I have no timeline on when that will happen (waiting on Smiteworks). Another solution might present itself before that happens but that also is not in my field of influence
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

understood - thank you for the fast reply. I'll be patient. By the way . it seems that duplicating items (e. g. tried it with some different things from the 5E ruleset) no longer works with author 5.06 activated in FGC. Wonder why this is the case because I could swear that it worked before... (see my thread over HERE).
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Thread Information