STAR TREK 2d20
Page 33 of 59 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Some doubts:
    Can I export portraits?
    Do images and links to them have the same name? to appear in References?

Note: I am using FGU which is not technically supported.

That said, I am getting a BLANK Reference Manual when I export my mod. Everything else is perfect but no luck on the reference manual.

Any advice from those of you utilizing FGU with this extension?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AAWGAMES View Post

That said, I am getting a BLANK Reference Manual when I export my mod. Everything else is perfect but no luck on the reference manual.

Thank you!
    Have you watched the tutorial video? Sounds like you didnt put your story entries in a category.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by AAWGAMES View Post

Thank you!
    If you are creating modules for publication then you should be using FGC since exporting it from Unity will mean the module won't work in FGC. If that's not what you are doing then I'll leave it to Celestian to answer. I haven't tested Author in Unity (since I'm unlikely to ever use it there).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you are creating modules for publication then you should be using FGC since exporting it from Unity will mean the module won't work in FGC. If that's not what you are doing then I'll leave it to Celestian to answer. I haven't tested Author in Unity (since I'm unlikely to ever use it there).
    Hi Zacchaeus, thanks for responding so quickly! I appreciate that.
    I am creating these modules for publication in FGU with LOS.
    I have abandoned FGC because I use exclusively Mac and 32-bit applications no longer function with MacOS (only 64-bit). I cannot even run a fragile wineskin winery emulation of FGC anymore so everything I personally build will be FGU from here on out. There's no way for me to even run FGC unless I go buy an old computer. That's just the way it is. This doesn't include all my AAW Games releases, just what I personally am building for publication (a new series).

Thank you for your help!

Jonathan

Is it possible to JUST make a reference manual (simply an FG replication of a .pdf) and then import that into a campaign to build the rest of the module? I have a campaign I built for SWADE using SWEL that I would like to replicate and then make the pcs, npcs, etc for 5e and then once that is all done, export as a module using Project:Author. I have already been able to strip the SWEL reference manual of Skills, Hindrances, Edges, Weapons, etc so the only the text and images of the reference manual exists. I dread the idea of having to remake the reference manual in Project:Author as it would take a very long time.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

AAWGames,

I was in a similar, yet opposite boat late last year. I had a fully loaded older 2013 MBP that still could run anything I used or played with but it was kind of heavy and pain once my team was switched to current MBPs and I had to lug those (thin) ones around.m in addition.

Then the 32 bit thing was annoying and I kept my MacBook at prior OS because while I played on my desktop I liked to use the laptop for coding and my personal FGC work. Best of both worlds happened when I finally decided to upgrade even if the laptop worked fine. New one is thin (enough) and 16”.

But, While I intended the old one to be for FG work, I tried out Parallels on the new one. Other than a big battery drain if not on the power brick, I saw no difference in performance in either environment when using it. It runs FGC very very well, for at least development and test - no clue beyond that since I always play on my full screen/pc combo.

So that may be an option for you as well.

Question: Using FGU to create the modules, It looks like if I do the blocking with the images as described in the video, it doesn't create them as inline images. Am I to assume that's one of the many FGU exclusive bugs at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravien999 View Post
    Question: Using FGU to create the modules, It looks like if I do the blocking with the images as described in the video, it doesn't create them as inline images. Am I to assume that's one of the many FGU exclusive bugs at this time?
    Yup, it's a FGU issue right now. The formatting of links or something has changed. Once FGU is past beta or near out of beta I'll go through and correct it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by daggerfortysix View Post
    Is it possible to JUST make a reference manual (simply an FG replication of a .pdf) ...
    If you only select reference manual when you're exporting, doesn't FG do just that? (Mind you, because of the way Author works, you will still have to make story entries)

Thread Information