FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 59 First 123451353 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

File location is C:\users\...\FantasyGrounds\modules\AuthRefSample

The instructions on the first post are as follows:

When you're done click "author" and it will ask you the path to place the clients.xml file. Something like modules/AuthorRefSample should be fine. If the directory doesn't already exist you'll need to use your tools in this window to create and then navigate into it.

I will test with just client.xml when I get home and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by mixologee View Post
    File location is C:\users\...\FantasyGrounds\modules\AuthRefSample

The instructions on the first post are as follows:

When you're done click "author" and it will ask you the path to place the clients.xml file. Something like modules/AuthorRefSample should be fine. If the directory doesn't already exist you'll need to use your tools in this window to create and then navigate into it.

I will test with just client.xml when I get home and let you know.
    Apologies for the typo in the instructions. Damned is correct, it should be client.xml.

I've edited the first post and corrected the mistake.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I love this Celestian and it looks very promising, though any chance we can get Chapter and sub-chapter capability? at the moment I see only ability to create a single level of chapter and pages rather than the two that are capable via Par5e.
    Honestly if this was able to be configured, I be elated as it would satisfy my needs (wants) completely. I'd then drop Par5e and do all my content creation in-game.

Example.png
    Currently Running: Eberron
    Recently Complete: Lost Mines of Phandelver / Green Ronins Freeport Trilogy / Tomb of Horrors
    Currently playing: nothing at the moment.
    Timezone: Australian Sydney Time - what ever the hell that is at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Nulk View Post
    I love this Celestian and it looks very promising, though any chance we can get Chapter and sub-chapter capability? at the moment I see only ability to create a single level of chapter and pages rather than the two that are capable via Par5e.
    Honestly if this was able to be configured, I be elated as it would satisfy my needs (wants) completely. I'd then drop Par5e and do all my content creation in-game.
    The problem with chapter/sub-chapter in this case is there is only one level of categories within stories which is what the sub-chapter is based on.

I might could make the categories the chapter and then allow a story name to start with "[sub]" (or something similar) and have that make a sub with all items below in that sub until another "[sub]".

I am trying to avoid using special language triggers tho I already allow preceding numbers for order (and then trimmed off) so perhaps it wouldn't be to complex.

Thoughts?

I'll be travelling for my day job all next week so won't be able to poke at it till after... will give me sometime to think about it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The developer in me thinks instead of just scrubbing the numbers, if they are in a format like 1.01.01 you could subchapter from that format. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by mixologee View Post
    The developer in me thinks instead of just scrubbing the numbers, if they are in a format like 1.01.01 you could subchapter from that format. Just a thought
    That might not a bad idea. I would need to figure out a way that allows me to insert story entries I missed w/o having to rename everything below it. Right now I tend to just add a xxx.001 and the entry is right after the one I wanted. if I used xxx.xxx.000 for sub chapters it would cause issues (the xxx.001.xxx would need to persist through the sub-chapter to keep the right order) and then have problems where you need to insert something you missed or added later.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Why not just a unnumbered heading marker and let the app number it? For instance;

<H1>first level one section
    <H2>first second level section
    <H2>second second level section
    <H1>second level one section
    <H2>first level two section of second first level section...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Why not just a unnumbered heading marker and let the app number it? For instance;

<H1>first level one section
    <H2>first second level section
    <H2>second second level section
    <H1>second level one section
    <H2>first level two section of second first level section...
    If I understand what your saying correctly there would be a ordering problem.

The only way to get the order to come out consistent for stories is to "sort" them by name so they come out the same as how you see them in the Story records. To do that I've been using leading numbers to the name of the story. I could certainly use something like "12 <sub>Sub-chapter 3" and trigger the sub-chapter based on the "<sub>" string.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If I understand what your saying correctly there would be a ordering problem.

The only way to get the order to come out consistent for stories is to "sort" them by name so they come out the same as how you see them in the Story records. To do that I've been using leading numbers to the name of the story. I could certainly use something like "12 <sub>Sub-chapter 3" and trigger the sub-chapter based on the "<sub>" string.
    Yea, I haven't played with your tool yet, so remember that.

But yes, the way I'm talking about would require the input to be put together in order. That might not make sense for your tool.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information