DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 59 First 12341252 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

I am not sure what GUI Ikael alluded to, but if you need to resize a block vertically, I previously posted here a pretty well tested set of xml and code to handle resizing a control or pair of controls vertically (if two controls one shrinks at the expense of the other control that grows). I haven't done a horizontal dragline yet, but I needed the vertical dragline for my Generators extension.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    ... or know if that's even possible.
    It's not, see my final sentence in the previous comment. There are certain areas where FG's API just refuses to play along, and even trying to force it to via directly writing the XML text rather than an API call, the API still catches it and effs it up.

If you have Savage Worlds, give SWEL a shot. It pretty much lets me take my PDF Text Export (that's how I do all my DLC) and put the SWEL Markup directly in there the copy it over to the Content Importer. All I have to do afterwards is go back into the XML and correct any image tags. I normally clean up the refpage recordname too, that's something else the API forces. I don't like having a 40+ character recordname from the API when a simple ".." will suffice.
    Last edited by Talyn; January 10th, 2018 at 03:09.

If you are developing for SW, it is great, but if not, then there are quite a few global search and replace you have to do to change classes to the ones CoreRPG expects, or at least that was the case the last time I looked at it.

Blog Entries
    I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about @Bidmaron. The only time SWEL outputs SW-specific markup is if you input SW-specific stuff. If you're only doing reference manual stuff in the Content Importer, its output is pure CoreRPG reference manual XML. Nothing more, nothing less. You can do a reference manual for any ruleset in SWEL, then copy that markup into your working project XML and be done with it.

Some of the classes don't cross. Items and stuff like that are specific to SW (spells, too if I remember correctly). It has been a long time, but I was working on a converter at one point, but I never could reliably get the module pack and unpack to work right from visual basic. When I get time, I'll dig up the thread where we discussed all the classes you have to manually convert in the xml.

Blog Entries
    Items and spells are SW-specific though, and not relevant to reference manuals... Therefore if you input those SW-specific bits into an SW-specific extension in the SW ruleset, take a wild guess which data classes they'll be constructed for?

The point of Project: Author is ostensibly reference manual construction, not a full-blown project IDE within the UI. At least that's how I read it? So items, spells, etc. aren't part of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    The point of Project: Author is ostensibly reference manual construction, not a full-blown project IDE within the UI. At least that's how I read it? So items, spells, etc. aren't part of the bargain.
    Other than to include them in the build so the ref-manual includes them no. You can certainly link to them in the ref-manual Story pages... if you want something other than a strict "listing" menu you'll need to manually create those XML entries. Right now it'll just do a simple "list everything" for whatever you add to the /author export.

Short version, you can include Spells, Skills, NPCs/etc in the /author for ref-manual use. Other than that I'm not sure where the direction the conversation was intended to be going
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So I followed the steps for authoring, but when i reload FG, it doesn't show up in my list of modules to choose. I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. Any assistance would be awesome. I have the clients.xml and definition.xml files and they look fine, but not showing up when I go to load modules.

Quote Originally Posted by mixologee View Post
    So I followed the steps for authoring, but when i reload FG, it doesn't show up in my list of modules to choose. I'm sure I am doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what. Any assistance would be awesome. I have the clients.xml and definition.xml files and they look fine, but not showing up when I go to load modules.
    Where are the files located? The full path would be helpful.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mixologee View Post
    I have this same issue.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thread Information